Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of us 2015+ owners have been waiting for what seems like an eternity for aftermarket tail lights to be released. I found out a few days ago that Spec-D FINALLY released their three aftermarket sets. You can find them on Amazon and eBay for around $320-$350, and they have them in red, chrome, and smoke. It's about damn time we get some LED tails available. Sharing in case nobody has seen them yet. Haven't found a thread on them yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'd jump for the RS tails before those.

Reactions: Griiswold

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm personally not a big fan of the RS styled tail lights. I don't like the DRL look of them. Plus, the only reason I'd buy other tail lights are for smoked lenses, so I'm interested in aftermarket LED options as well rather than doing Nite-Shades again. I've looked at these a few times, and there is another thread where some people were talking about getting them. I can't decide if they would actually look good or not. I would like to see the smoked mounted on a black ST.

Edit: I really liked this design, unfortunately it didn't get carried over to 15+ models:

·
Registered
651 Posts
That first pair looks far far better than stock IMO. Why did you have to post this.. I may take one for the team and show you guys what it looks like on a 15' TB.

Reactions: Blackula and Jettic

·
Registered
395 Posts
^ please do

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow. I'm glad someone purchased them so we can see.

I'm on the fence still. I love how much more subdued they look than the stockers but they look a bit ricey.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ive thought about getting the smoked tail lights for my black st but i was warned by coworkers that cops will **** with me if they can not see my tail lights.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I personally like the triangular look of the stock lights, just not the tons of red plastic around them. In for pics of brakes on w/ both sides + 3rd brake light

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow! Those look way better then those eBay pictures!

Maybe a short walk around video? ;)
I personally like the triangular look of the stock lights, just not the tons of red plastic around them. In for pics of brakes on w/ both sides + 3rd brake light
I'm definitely in for the walk around video
I'll see if I can get a video for you guys tomorrow night!

Ive thought about getting the smoked tail lights for my black st but i was warned by coworkers that cops will **** with me if they can not see my tail lights.
With these I feel as if it's very lightly smoked. I think the black plastic on the inside makes it look more smoked but the lights come through nicely. I've tested them in the bright morning and was told that they're clearly visible. I'll let you know if I have any problems with the police! I hope I don't haha.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have any problem with the cops point to the fact that they are DOT approved and tell them to have a nice day. Luckily for you, it's not up to their discretion, but up to the DOT approval board.

I think the primary concern with tail lights, especially smoked or tinted lights, is that there always still be red. With the DRLs, the red light bar in these tail lights is always lit up and looks to shine pretty bright red, so I'd guess that's why they can be approved.

I'm also quite interested in the video. I'm still on the fence about these.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Alright I'd like to change my answer to "not bad." They actually don't look as bad as I thought they would on the car, and I love the soft LED running light. Would love to see more pics of these in the wild.

Reactions: Griiswold

·
Registered
134 Posts
So who is buying these on black to post pics?! I just spent way too much money on a camera, so I need someone else to take the fall, haha.

I agree though, they look as good as I hoped they would. Better than the red monstrosities on my beautiful black car now at least! I think I'm probably down once I take myself out of money spending time out.

·
Registered
696 Posts
How well do the reverse lights do? I have the Diode Dynamics LED's, and they're way better than stock.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts