Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2015 FoST and the PO partially deleted the lower grill by cutting off the knows on the sides of the opening. However the vertical supports are still in place. Wondering if I could buy and reinstall a grill or if the knobs are required to reinstall. Hoping someone who has taken theirs off may remember how and where it attaches.

Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The lower grill will flop around a bit without the slats on the side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lower grill will flop around a bit without the slats on the side.
Ok thanks. So it will attach to what is left but will just flop around?

I can probably live with that. Thinking of trying some double sided tape or something similar to reattach if i like the look. Id like to be able to put it on if i take the car to the dealer at the least to retain a stock look. No need to draw any additional attention to the aftermarket intercooler I have mounted behind there :)

·
Registered
651 Posts

I can probably live with that. Thinking of trying some double sided tape or something similar to reattach if i like the look. Id like to be able to put it on if i take the car to the dealer at the least to retain a stock look. No need to draw any additional attention to the aftermarket intercooler I have mounted behind there :)
I can assure you replacing that grille will have no impact on your denied warranty lol! You could also plastic weld it. I don't think it will blow off to be honest, but it will move a bit vertically on the edges where it would usually connect on the horizontal slits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I can probably live with that. Thinking of trying some double sided tape or something similar to reattach if i like the look. Id like to be able to put it on if i take the car to the dealer at the least to retain a stock look. No need to draw any additional attention to the aftermarket intercooler I have mounted behind there
I can assure you replacing that grille will have no impact on your denied warranty lol! You could also plastic weld it. I don't think it will blow off to be honest, but it will move a bit vertically on the edges where it would usually connect on the horizontal slits.
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll get the part and try it out.

Not worried about them voiding the warranty because of the grill being gone. I'm more interested in concealing the giant Shiney FMIC that sits just behind it. :) Granted if they look closely they will see it either way but at least it's not blatenley obvious.

Chris

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the opposite problem. 2 of my 3 slats are gone but I still have the side ones. Ice chunk I could not avoid mid winter, even cracked the fascia dead center.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the lower grill on this weekend. Seems to be secure and I'm not too worried about it flapping around. Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts