Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car right now is having issues with a rough idle and what I think is power loss or I can just be tripping.
When I first got my car engine coolant was low and just kept getting lower. Went to dealership and asked him about the low coolant and he out water in the coolant after about having it for 2 weeks or so. Few months later my car starts blowing white smoke because a head blew. They fixed that afterwards. Fuse 32 blew. And they replaced some cyclinder stuff (not very car savvy). After that engine light comes on again and they fixed couple more parts. Again it happens and they fix it again.
Still idling rough. Still seems like it's lost power. Issue right now is dealership told me they don't know what's wrong with my car and don't know how to fix it. Tried doing a lemon law complaint or whatever but they're telling me my car isn't qualified. They took about 3 weeks to find a cracked head. A week to wait on parts. Now ford engineer told them to replace the fuel injectors. Part comes in a week, called them today said it was on back order might be longer. Not sure why they want to replace the fuel injectors but everyone I tell this they just laugh. In just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem as well. And wondering if anyone knows how to fix what's happening. Nd again. Im not very car savvy so I don't really know what's going on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would try to find out exactly what they replaced the first time.

I am not sure how the injectors are related to coolant lost but I can almost guarantee that injector replacement was not the only thing engineering they told the dealer. I bet there is more to the story.

If a part is on back order, the dealer should be following the parts back order escalation process.

If you are losing coolant and its not the head, it's the short block.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry it's no longer a coolant issue. But that's where I think the problems started is with the coolant loss when I first got the car.
My car keeps misfiring. Cracked head. Some spring or some **** on the cylinder. Other engine stuff I guess.
They just took 3 weeks to find a cracked head, they fixed that. Now we are on fuel injectors because ford told them to do fuel injectors. If I could I would post pics of the tickets but idk how.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You can take a picture of the RO, then save it to your computer or keep it on your phone. Then above the box you type in will be a box that allows you to add images, its the box on the far right that has options for adding links, emails, videos, etc. Knowing what has already been replaced and what DTC's are setting will be really helpful.

The injectors are a logical possible cause for a lack of power, rough idle and misfires.

The statement about if parts on are back order then the dealer should be following the parts back order escalation process still stands.

Just for additional clarifications, are the physical symptoms different before and after head replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean by escalation process? And the symptoms are the same whenever they say they've repairs the problem. Seems like they just replced stuff that went bad instead of trying to find the problem. I'll try to post pictures tonight of the tickets because it won't let me on my phone

·
Registered
420 Posts
What do you mean by escalation process? And the symptoms are the same whenever they say they've repairs the problem. Seems like they just replced stuff that went bad instead of trying to find the problem. I'll try to post pictures tonight of the tickets because it won't let me on my phone
The parts back order escalation process is exactly what it sounds like. When a part is on back order, there is an escalation process the dealer goes through to get the part faster. The dealer should know how to do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts