Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone upgraded the DRL in the 2015+ to RGB lights?
I searched and I didn't see anything.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
Has anyone upgraded the DRL in the 2015+ to RGB lights?
I searched and I didn't see anything.
the lights are so expensive no one to my knowledge is taking them apart.

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
:whs: I'm sure SOMEONE has taken them apart, but they are literally like 2k dollars lol

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
:whs: I'm sure SOMEONE has taken them apart, but they are literally like 2k dollars lol
to my knowledge no.. and i know everything so its done /thread

and the st3 lights with hid's are $1800 each.

Reactions: JedzST2 and brian60

·
Registered
53 Posts
People have already taken apart 2015+ housings but I've heard they're a PITA and not easy at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've found a few guides to retrofit the HIDs, but haven't found anything with a decent pics of the DRL leds.
I think they would look great to be able to turn them red, not sure it's worth tearing about the headlights to try it though.

·
Vendor
503 Posts
The set I installed in the Charger came from Diode Dynamics.
Any plans to sell those boards for the Focus?
Our engineering team is always working on new products. I don't have any additional information, ETAs, timeframes, or anything of that nature on that particular product though.

Nick C.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Our engineering team is always working on new products. I don't have any additional information, ETAs, timeframes, or anything of that nature on that particular product though.

Nick C.
I am really rather surprised that no company has come out with aftermarket headlights or taillights for the facelift ST's. It has only been 2 years and I have seen a lot of mentions from other facelift ST owners. If I had the know how or production capabilities I would be all over it!

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Vendor
503 Posts
It's one of the downsides of being an enthusiast in this industry. We want to make everything for everyone, but we have to be able to justify it from a business perspective.

Nick C.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am really rather surprised that no company has come out with aftermarket headlights or taillights for the facelift ST's. It has only been 2 years and I have seen a lot of mentions from other facelift ST owners. If I had the know how or production capabilities I would be all over it!
There's a few Chinese ones already out and they're pretty decent quality. I've been running mine for a few weeks. But yeah, I'd like to see more options, particularly of the LED headlight variant.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
660 Posts
There's a few Chinese ones already out and they're pretty decent quality. I've been running mine for a few weeks. But yeah, I'd like to see more options, particularly of the LED headlight variant.
Links please! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts