Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I missed this in the search (I tried)

Anyway, the heated seat light turns on for about 3 seconds when pressed and keeps turning off and does not get warm, anyone had this exact thing happen before I start going through everything? Not a fan of our ford service dept. So i'd rather avoid that even though under warranty, Thanks

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
usually the ford seat systems will shut themselves quickly after activating them if it thinks there is a problem. if its under warranty, I wouldn't even think about messing with it myself...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Usually if there is a short or a bad heater element it will turn on and turn right back off. If you are still under warranty I would take it to the dealer as others have said, those seat heaters get expensive real quick. They are a pain in the ass to change

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the choice is starting the car on fire.. or no seat warming...

Take it to the dealer.
Yea, I am not at risk of dead shorting something and lighting it on fire... Thanks though
Usually if there is a short or a bad heater element it will turn on and turn right back off. If you are still under warranty I would take it to the dealer as others have said, those seat heaters get expensive real quick. They are a pain in the ass to change
I figure thats what it'll end up being, was just hoping for a common faulty plug/easy solution, I havent had time to look, our dealer service is a disaster so I may have to drive an hour to the next one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts