Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you guys buy the Cobb hangers or whatever that is recommended on cjponyparts since we only have three stock hangers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
660 Posts
Did you guys buy the Cobb hangers or whatever that is recommended on cjponyparts since we only have three stock hangers?

I certainly did for my aftermarket exhaust. The hanger that is missing is the one that is above the axle, which is the tightest spot for the exhaust. I have a 3" exhaust and have had to reposition it several times as it tends to bang the heat shield in that area.

I would highly suggest getting the aftermarket hangers as they are stiffer than the factory hangers as well.

Reactions: jbeatzs31

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought them but never installed because they arrived a day later for some reason. I've had my Cobb exhaust on for a year now and never notice any rattling or anything. And I street/drag my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
i didn't need to use any on my 2015. My exhaust has slip fit joints so there was enough adjustment that I could get clearance where I needed it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would recommend it. There is still a provision for the extra hanger even though the car doesn't have one above the rear sub frame. I noticed some clunking with the stock exhaust, and when I put my Roush exhaust on, I installed the Cobb hangers and they are great.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did not when I did my install of my Roush at first. But they would move around alot and make rattling noise. After install it no longer moves, I highly recommend them!!

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Cobb hangers on my 2016 with the borla exhaust. Highly recommend them because the stock ones are a lot softer and may eventually sag over time. Also , it's nice having the 4th hanger for extra support.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I believe if you have the hangar set you can add back the missing on over the rear crossmember.

Sent from another garage.
This is correct. The Cobb set has all 4 hangers.

Reactions: UnfocusedST

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yea I can't imagine them sagging much over time - isn't the Borla going to be lighter than the stock system? Especially as stranger706 said, he bought the 4th one from autozone, so it's got even more support than the factory system.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any reason to not just go to Ford and buy another exhaust hanger for 5 bucks rather than spend $50 for the Cobbs?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any reason to not just go to Ford and buy another exhaust hanger for 5 bucks rather than spend $50 for the Cobbs?

Depends. The Cobb ones are stiff so there is next to no flex which means your exhaust will not bang up against anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts