Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to replace my 2014 ST rim it is a charcoal or gray color but cannot tell visually and there are a few model numbers on the inside of the wheel. a couple of them are CM51-AC numbers that has different endings and anotjer number is X8J18... so no idea how to order the correct color rim I destroyed. any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,960 Posts
If the rims are original To the car, they will be Hyper Silver. I don't know the numeric paint code, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the rims are original To the car, they will be Hyper Silver. I don't know the numeric paint code, though.
Thanks man. They are snowflakes but they look more gunmetal than silver to be honest. Is Hyper Silver the only color they csme in that year? I may be making a call to my dealer tomorrow to find out

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,960 Posts
The other color they came in, in later years, is Rado Grey. That is a gunmetal-like color. It is possible someone put a set of those on the car.

Since one rim is destroyed, can you tell me if the base coat where the paint is chipped off is black? That would be a true indicator of Rado Grey.

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,769 Posts
Rado gray was available in 2014 (as a package that also included the red brake calipers).

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
679 Posts
My 2013 has rado grey rims, but things may be different here in England.

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
@StanE thanks for clarifying, i didnt know that.

Reactions: StanE

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,769 Posts
@StanE thanks for clarifying, i didnt know that.
I remember because soon after picking up my 2013 new, I saw that combination on a 2014 and I thought WTF, as I really liked it. I liked it so much that I got myself a set of rado gray snowflakes and painted the calipers myself.....(this was long before my Brembo/Frankenbrake)

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
679 Posts

yeah my 2013 came from the factory with grey rims and red callipers, suits the ts colour very well imho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts