Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a guy on craigslist who totaled his 2014 ST3 and he's parting everything out. He's selling the seats for super cheap, was just wondering as to how difficult it would be to replace my seats with the recaros? Is it just plug and play, or is it just not even worth the time it would take.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would do it if you want the Recaro's. There are several threads where people have swapped their seats. Some people like the ST1 seats better but want the other stuff you get with a ST2 or ST3. I didn't do a search but you should find some threads with details. You'd probably be able to get a few bucks for your ST1 seats also.

Edit: I just realized you're talking 14 to a 16. I think it'll still work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
from what I've read, no matter the year, everything is even swap out as far as seats go...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check if your car has heated seats, because ST3 has heated recaro's. If you don't have heated seats now, also ask him the central unit with the buttons for heating the seats.

If you already have heated seats, go for it. It should work fine.

(Also check if you have electric seats, because the recaro's are also electric adjustable).

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
This is what I want

Status SPA ? Status Racing

A4-pics-500x598-10.jpg

Get a hold of Todd @VividRacing

Just giving you options. like I said above I wouldn't pay for stock Recaros, if you are getting them really cheap or free then maybe worth it but otherwise there are better options

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Thanks once again for the shoutout Nick! @RabbitG I agree with Nick, if you can score those Recaros for cheap and they're not all worn out, then I would go for the convenience of plug and play. If you want something different, Vivid Racing sells most brands. I have some Braum seats that are $700 for the pair. A $350 seat is no Recaro but they look good and I've sat in one, honestly, I didn't hate it at all.

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is what I want

Status SPA ? Status Racing

View attachment 181129

Get a hold of Todd @VividRacing

Just giving you options. like I said above I wouldn't pay for stock Recaros, if you are getting them really cheap or free then maybe worth it but otherwise there are better options
yo, those are the seats Tuxedo Black ST1 was meant to have, those are really sick... not that I hate the actual feel of the seat, I just absolutely hate how I have a black paint job, black headliner, black dash, black center council, grey seats:confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
So the hardness for 2015 st1 and st3 are exactly the same. Would you be able to just plug and play the st3 seats into the st1? I'm just wondering if the power seats would still work in the st1. I don't mind the heated seats function for now. I'll figure that out later.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
If I am not mistake, 2013-2014 had same harness, 2015-2016 same harness, but going from 2013 to 2016 different harness and can't be done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts