Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Short background:

I work for the Army (not in the Army) and have been in Afghanistan the past year (since OCT 16). I will be home in a couple of weeks. While here, I bought a red 2014 ST3. I bought it site unseen from a guy in a different state and had it shipped to my house. My wife has been driving it here and there. My understanding is that it already has some kind of intake with a green filter, a front sway bar, and steeda shift plate.

Planned Upgrades:

CP-E FMIC - Bought used
Mountune Downpipe - Bought used
Velossa Tech Big Mouth - Bought scratch n dent
Wheels - Bought used (might need to replace one of them)
Boomba Short Throw Shifter - Bought used
Boomba Shifter Bushings - Bought new
Boomba Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings - Bought new
Steeda clutch spring - Bought new
Shift Knob - Anarchy Motive - Bought new
JBR Catch Can - Bought Used
Weathertech Mats - Bought New
Cobb Accessport w/ stratified flash tune - not bought yet
NGK LTR7IX-11 (1 Step Colder Plugs) - Bought new
RMM - Maybe?
Super HD 1080P Front + VGA Rear 290 Super Wide Angle Car Dash Cam - Bought new

Some initial questions:
1. Does anyone know on the startified tune what the "Disable Throttle/Brake Safety Switch" option does?
2. S Tuned Traction Control - I was planning on getting it on by default. Good idea?
3. Any suggestions based on the above? I have not installed anything yet. Keep in mind I have spent a ton on this car and do not plan on putting much more in it.

Pictures to come once I get home and start working on this thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So finally got back and drove the car for the first time. It currently has an issue where I have to press push start multiple times to get it to start. I am changing starter tomorrow. Completed first mod. I tried pulling apart and could not no matter how hard I pulled. Ended up using a drill bit and hammer to get it apart.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Welcome home...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hard wired my dash camera. I ordered a mini usb 12v to 5v converter. Turns out the camera I have had a different connector, so I cut the ends off and added it to the wire I purchased. I used an add a fuse, so that the camera turns on and off with the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took me a little longer than I expected, but I installed the cpe intercooler and big mouth intake. In doing so I found the previous owner had a home made snorkel.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I bought a AP V3 and installed a stage 1 Cobb tune. I did a couple of datalogs even though I now know I should have waited for about 50 miles. Out of the 2 runs it appears the biggest correct was 3.33. I have never looked at datalogs before and am trying to learn what I need to watch for that may represent a potential issue. I have read a few posts on datalogging. Is 3.33 significant?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts