Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FST,

I'm trying to determine what the value of my car is, and a realistic value at that. I have all the normal bolt-ons and the car is in great overall shape with normal signs of use. It has 30K miles. What I did was take the bluebook value for a private party sale for a car in good condition as the base price. I then added up the bolt-on totals, cut that in half, then added that on top of the bluebook value. I also have all of the OEM parts down to the spark plugs. Would my math be a good starting point, or put the car back to stock and sell the bolt-ons separately? Just not sure which way to go.

Thanks in advance for any advice and information.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mods won't add any value. Take them off and part them out separately. Cars like these are hard to value sometimes, but KBB and NADA are always a good place to start. Also, try checking what is going on on craigslist price wise.

Reactions: Quasistellar

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. The prices for these cars is all over the place. I stopped by a dealership the other day to see what they would give me for trade-in. Ironically it was better than I expected.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mods won't add any value. Take them off and part them out separately. Cars like these are hard to value sometimes, but KBB and NADA are always a good place to start. Also, try checking what is going on on craigslist price wise.
Good advice there. I know when I buy a car, I will pay extra for a stock one that has NOT been messed with. Maybe you did it right with high quality parts, but there are just as many cobbled together by some wannabe "tuner" that just ruined a good car. Sell it stock, and you'll have way more interested buyers.

When I traded mine in, the final value was right in the middle of KBB value for trade-in. I wished it were worth more, but used hot hatches don't hold their value very well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick question:

What did they offer you? I'm thinking of trading mine soon, and it's also a 2014 ST2 with 30k miles.
They gave me two offers:

1) the car without all of the oem parts: $14,900
2) the car with all of them oem parts: $15,850

I expected low $12k range.

My payoff is right at $16k. I've listed it for sale locally for $16k as I don't feel like putting it back to stock. I know I'll get banned for life from FST for saying this, but I'm buying a BMW 550i. So I may just trade it in to save the hassle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh those numbers are actually higher than I thought. Only issues with mine aside from a few paint chips on the hood are a door ding on passenger back door and a couple small scuffs on the underside of the front bumper.

I'm going to get a quote myself from carmax this week and I'll post what I'm offered.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's real close to the offers they gave me. I may just go sell mine to the dealership and pay the difference out of pocket. Doesn't seem to be much interest in it on here :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts