Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2015 ST with 9k on it is doing this now. Just dropped it off to the dealer after hours. I'll call them in the morning. It makes the sound when you first get in it. It's much worse when the rotors are wet. And when I backed out of a driveway to turn around. It got really loud and then went away. Didn't do it at all the rest of the way to the dealer..

I've heard the ESC or Hill Start Assist cause this. I turned both of those off. And it didn't change anything.

Excuse my crappy video. But you get the idea.

I'll let you know what the dealer says. Input?
Austin

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm also having the issue, doesn't happen during acceleration or braking... But when cruising with foot off gas I hear the noise and even feel the vibration of it on the floor and in my seat. It was pretty bad yesterday but this morning it wasn't there... I also have had wheel spacers on for the past 500 miles or so, should I take the spacers off if I happen to bring it into my dealer, or is that irrelevant?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would probably take them off. I think they would be quick to blame those. IMO.

Talked to the dealer. I have a feeling they are gonna come back and say nothing is wrong with my car. Hopefully I'm wrong.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The dealer said my rotors were rust pitted and that was why my car was making that noise. But wouldn't that make it make the noise all the time. It really only made the noise when the rotors were wet and went away when you reversed. Time will tell.

·
Registered
508 Posts
While driving back from the Octane Academy, I had just left Las Vegas and I started to hear a metallic scraping sound coming from what sounded like the passenger front wheel. I stopped and took a look, but didn't see anything obvious. I pulled away and the sound remained. After gassing up in the next town, I has to do a u-turn to he out of the lot and when I started back on the highway the sound was gone! I attributed this to a piece of road debris caught between the dust plate on the back of the rotor and the rotor. I've never had this happen again...

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I'm also having the issue, doesn't happen during acceleration or braking... But when cruising with foot off gas I hear the noise and even feel the vibration of it on the floor and in my seat. It was pretty bad yesterday but this morning it wasn't there... I also have had wheel spacers on for the past 500 miles or so, should I take the spacers off if I happen to bring it into my dealer, or is that irrelevant?
Hey Rwilliams,

Have you had a chance to speak with your Ford Dealer about this? Please PM your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help.

Nick

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting story on this. I have a dashcam, because why not.

I brought the car in for the issues stated above and shown in my video. The dealer told me on Feburary 2nd the issue was resolved. I was told it was rust pitting on the rotors. Keep in mind this car is driven everyday and has 9k on it.

Dashcam footage from February 3rd shows dealer employees moving my vehicle around, when they hear a flat tire sound (as they describe it). They grab a tech, and he hops in. They get out and say that's all messed up. The tech tells the other guy it's the anti rattle clip. Judging by their reaction, it is a mangled looking mess. The car is driven back to the shop, and I never heard about it other then my footage.

Looked at the rims, and rotors (although it is dark now) seem fine. Brakes fine. Hopefully this is the last I hear of this issue..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts