Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY 2014 st has been playing up lately and its driving me nuts, the main issue is a brief idle hang up after coming to a complete stop in neutral the idle kicks back up to between 1000 - 2000 rpm and then finds normal idle. Taken it to multiple ford dealers and they keep saying they cant find an issue and that an idle hang up patch has been uploaded into the computer. Also im finding that engine noise between 2000-3000 rpm sounds rather unusual sort of like a spool of some sort but once i pass 3000 rpm engine sounds normal again and on cold start it doesnt have this distinct noise. (possible sound symposer issue?)

stock standard st always serviced on time with 7500km oil changes in between scheduled services,
major gearbox issue at 40000km which was pretty much rebuilt under warranty back in june last year.
never driven hard for long periods nor has it been tracked.

Any feedback would be awesome.....
cheers

·
Registered
344 Posts
I know yours is stock, but once I put my bypass valve on my ST I also had the loud spool noise until about 3k rpm on stock turbo. I am pretty sure this was the bypass valve opening to spool the turbo quicker. As it lets air back into the intake it makes it louder as it spools but closes around 3k rpm. That was my experience. Regarding idle hang I can't say I noticed that. Did you take the airbox lid off?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts