Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing people talk about 3.8, found a year-old press release about Siri Eyes-Free, but there doesn't seem to be an update for my 2014 ST.

On the Ford Owner site, it says "you're up-to-date!" and the history shows SYNC2 V3.6, installed the day I picked up the car in April of 2014.

What's the deal?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ford pulled the install from their website shortly after releasing it saying there people were having trouble installing it and they would fix and rerelease it. Well that was almost a year ago and they still have not done so and I am willing to bet they completely forget about Sync2 now that Sync3 is out. I am linking you to a download of 3.8. I have had it installed on my ST since it came out without an issue and I just installed it on my Mustang and about 5 other cars without an issue so I don't know what Ford was talking about. Just extract the files and put them on a clean FAT32 flash drive exactly as they are when they unzip. Do not put the entire folder on the drive, only the contents inside of the folder. The contents should look like the image below. Once you plug it into the car, it will start installing automatically. You will need to have the car running while doing this because it takes about 20-25 minutes. It will look like the system is rebooting several time but that does not mean it is done, wait until the screen tells you install is complete before turning off the car.

http://bit.ly/2fdGbBH

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford pulled the install from their website shortly after releasing it saying there people were having trouble installing it and they would fix and rerelease it. Well that was almost a year ago and they still have not done so and I am willing to bet they completely forget about Sync2 now that Sync3 is out. I am linking you to a download of 3.8. I have had it installed on my ST since it came out without an issue and I just installed it on my Mustang and about 5 other cars without an issue so I don't know what Ford was talking about. Just extract the files and put them on a clean FAT32 flash drive exactly as they are when they unzip. Do not put the entire folder on the drive, only the contents inside of the folder. The contents should look like the image below. Once you plug it into the car, it will start installing automatically. You will need to have the car running while doing this because it takes about 20-25 minutes. It will look like the system is rebooting several time but that does not mean it is done, wait until the screen tells you install is complete before turning off the car.

http://bit.ly/2fdGbBH

View attachment 181241
Beauty, thanks. I'm on there Gas N' Go Maintenance Plan so plan to milk as much maintenance as I can before I buy out the lease in April, including this, but if they refuse, I'll be doing this for sure.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Beauty, thanks. I'm on there Gas N' Go Maintenance Plan so plan to milk as much maintenance as I can before I buy out the lease in April, including this, but if they refuse, I'll be doing this for sure.
There are people on the Mustang forums saying the dealer wanted to charge them like $30 to do the update because it wasn't a TSB or a safety thing. And many don't even know about v3.8. If they don't want to do it, the method above is the exact same file and method you would have done via the ford sync website so it won't void your warranty. The files are not vehicle specific.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
FWIW SyncMyRide.com just offered me a SYnc update for my 2013 ST1 (no touch):

GG1T-14D544-AB​

Hope that helps,
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts