Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Ever since I bought my 2014 ST in Aug 2016, I wanted the RS front bumper and new of a couple of places in Europe, but they were out of my price range once it came to shipping. So I recently came across a Ford Focus RS MK3 front bumper for a good price and low and behold its here. To say its bare is an understatement, but I have a fresh slate to work with. Now I know that this bumper won't mount to my hood or headlights and instead of purchasing 2015 OEM products (mostly $$$), I have 2 alternative ideas and wondered if anyone else could suggest cost effective DIY ways of achieving this. A) I could have a buddy (who does phenomenal fiber glass work) cut and mold the bumper to my headlights, but then I would have to deal with the hood issue. B) I was thinking about cutting the top my OEM bumper (just below the lights and hood mounting area) and the doing the opposite to the RS bumper and plastic weld the 2 back together, blend, then finally paint. Screenshot_20170530-093141_resized.png

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey everyone,
Ever since I bought my 2014 ST in Aug 2016, I wanted the RS front bumper and new of a couple of places in Europe, but they were out of my price range once it came to shipping. So I recently came across a Ford Focus RS MK3 front bumper for a good price and low and behold its here. To say its bare is an understatement, but I have a fresh slate to work with. Now I know that this bumper won't mount to my hood or headlights and instead of purchasing 2015 OEM products (mostly $$$), I have 2 alternative ideas and wondered if anyone else could suggest cost effective DIY ways of achieving this. A) I could have a buddy (who does phenomenal fiber glass work) cut and mold the bumper to my headlights, but then I would have to deal with the hood issue. B) I was thinking about cutting the top my OEM bumper (just below the lights and hood mounting area) and the doing the opposite to the RS bumper and plastic weld the 2 back together, blend, then finally paint. View attachment 244274
Either way I'm sub'd to this. Would be interesting to see it with the 13-14 headlights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts