Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up my front end conversion on the Focus!! Did it all with used parts off of totalled cars (besides the small stuff). Paint match was difficult but I think it turned out great in the end looks completely factory!! Cost me around $1000 feel free to ask any questions regarding the conversion :)

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,628 Posts
Just finished up my front end conversion on the Focus!! Did it all with used parts off of totalled cars (besides the small stuff). Paint match was difficult but I think it turned out great in the end looks completely factory!! Cost me around $1000 feel free to ask any questions regarding the conversion :)

Well you mind as well put up a conversion parts list at this point.

Personally I don't like the RS front end, but the idea of switching to a facelift front end has bee a thought. Also running the dual projector headlights that you are now running.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Personally I don't like the RS front end, but the idea of switching to a facelift front end has bee a thought. Also running the dual projector headlights that you are now running.
So if you want to switch to the RS front end or 2015 facelift you'll basically need the same things;

- Hood from 2015+ Ford focus (any trim sedan or hatch)
- Front bumper cover 2015+ Focus ST/RS
- If you're converting to the RS you will need a new front under engine splash guard
- Any small things the front bumper cover/hood doesn't include ex: heat blanket, tow hook cover, fog lights, grilles, etc.

Luckily the front fenders are the same on all the ST's and RS's so those didn't need to be changed. I went to Craigslist for the front bumper which was only missing the tow hook cover, fog lights, and grilles. I went to LKQ AZ for the hood and ended up getting for $100 with the heat blanket and everything in excellent condition!! All the small parts I just ordered from Ford which ended up being the most expensive part ($650). But if you checked eBay, LKQ, Craigslist, or your local pick a parts I'm sure you could find them after some digging!

Good luck y'all!! Feel free to ask any further questions!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

My mistake I forgot to mention the headlights, I just ordered the DNA motoring online for $300. They fit on any 2015+ ST/RS and are actually pretty good quality!!

·
Administrator
12,628 Posts
My mistake I forgot to mention the headlights, I just ordered the DNA motoring online for $300. They fit on any 2015+ ST/RS and are actually pretty good quality!!

I have seen rhem around, and they seem decent.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Question those headlights, the dual projectors, from what I've read those are only for the halogen not the xenon HIDs, do they have a dual kit for the facelift STs that have the wandering(steering) HIDs...?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’m in the process of Putting the RS bumper on my 15 ST, pretty sure all I need is the bumper and splash guard. Bought the bumper as a kit from eBay.
Seems to be decent quality and even comes with splash guard, fog lights and bezels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in the process of Putting the RS bumper on my 15 ST, pretty sure all I need is the bumper and splash guard. Bought the bumper as a kit from eBay.
Seems to be decent quality and even comes with splash guard, fog lights and bezels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah with a 2015 you don't need to replace the good or headlights! Nice and easy swap for anyone with a 15+!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question those headlights, the dual projectors, from what I've read those are only for the halogen not the xenon HIDs, do they have a dual kit for the facelift STs that have the wandering(steering) HIDs...?
I have an ST3 that came with the steering HID's and Xenon bulbs. These DNA motoring headlights clipped right into the factory wiring harness with no issues what so ever. I don't get any warning light or anything of the sort!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
What rims are those, kinda look like Sparco, Enkei, or Drag??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, is that an Ultra in the background?

I’m a Beechcraft guy, so I don’t know my 550/560s very well ;)
It's actually my beautiful Citation CJ3+!! I love Beechcraft though, my buddy had a turbo-prop converted Baron with a pressurized cabin and it's a joy to fly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
So if you want to switch to the RS front end or 2015 facelift you'll basically need the same things;

• Hood from 2015+ Ford focus (any trim sedan or hatch)
  • Front bumper cover 2015+ Focus ST/RS
  • If you're converting to the RS you will need a new front under engine splash guard
  • Any small things the front bumper cover/hood doesn't include ex: heat blanket, tow hook cover, fog lights, grilles, etc.

Luckily the front fenders are the same on all the ST's and RS's so those didn't need to be changed. I went to Craigslist for the front bumper which was only missing the tow hook cover, fog lights, and grilles. I went to LKQ AZ for the hood and ended up getting for $100 with the heat blanket and everything in excellent condition!! All the small parts I just ordered from Ford which ended up being the most expensive part ($650). But if you checked eBay, LKQ, Craigslist, or your local pick a parts I'm sure you could find them after some digging!

So just to make sure before I buy the stuff I have a 2013 Focus ST with the halogen headlights will I need any like custom wiring or anything done to use the dual projector headlights or will it still be plug and play for me?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So just to make sure before I buy the stuff I have a 2013 Focus ST with the halogen headlights will I need any like custom wiring or anything done to use the dual projector headlights or will it still be plug and play for me?
You should be all good to just plug it on in! I have the ST3 with the HID headlights stock but both the factory 2015+ and aftermarket 2015+ headlights were plug and play for me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you get the conversion splash guard? I bought a car with the kit already installed I need a replacement splash guard but I can’t find the guard only

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey man hows it going. I am about to do the same thing and I was wondering if there was anything i needed to look out for. I already have the RS bumper and all the components to go with it. I was wondering if there was anything else I needed besides the 15+ hood and headlights as well as the splash shield. And also if there was any mounting issues or if everything just bolted up.

Thank you i appreciate it

·
Registered
3 Posts

• Hood from 2015+ Ford focus (any trim sedan or hatch)
  • Front bumper cover 2015+ Focus ST/RS
  • If you're converting to the RS you will need a new front under engine splash guard
  • Any small things the front bumper cover/hood doesn't include ex: heat blanket, tow hook cover, fog lights, grilles, etc.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts