Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my name is Ted and I just totaled my 2014 Veloster R Spec last week. As of yesterday, I am a proud owner of the 2014 Focus St.

Back when I purchased the Veloster, I was rolling over negative equity and -at the time- couldn't afford a Focus ST.

My experience with stock Veloster Turbo was very underwhelming. It's a great car but it's nowhere near as fun to drive as the ST. I am not into modding cars but I ended up doing so with the VT because of how weak it felt stock.

The Focus ST is just a blast to drive and I couldn't be happier. Only mod I'll be doing is adding an oil catch can between the IM and PCV. I drove my friends stock WRX and IMO the Focus ST is just way more fun to drive.

Excited to be part of the Ford family and will be browsing the forums daily to learn more about this awesome car.

@Allen_rubin : Your inbox is full, can't PM you! :)

Also I'm located in Everett, MA. Will be getting all Season Tires soon. Hoping to sell my Summer tires once that happens.

Reactions: elyk864

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice to have you aboard. I was wondering about those Velosters.....the name sounds like an old reptile....thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank a Focal PT. The Focus ST is amazing. I now understand why reviewers said the VT was a warm hatch and not a hot hatch.

Just curious, why is there so much hate for VT in this forum? I always figured Veloster Turbo was competition for the Fiesta ST not the Focus.

From my reading, even the Fiesta ST beats VT in performance.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Might have to do with VT owners thinking they can hang... keyword thinking... just like you i came from a heavily modded VT... sank over 7K into it and the stock FoST blows it away.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Thank a Focal PT. The Focus ST is amazing. I now understand why reviewers said the VT was a warm hatch and not a hot hatch.

Just curious, why is there so much hate for VT in this forum? I always figured Veloster Turbo was competition for the Fiesta ST not the Focus.

From my reading, even the Fiesta ST beats VT in performance.
Might have to do with VT owners thinking they can hang... keyword thinking... just like you i came from a heavily modded VT... sank over 7K into it and the stock FoST blows it away.
Yeah what rspec2014 said is why, I actually thought VT's were neat when I got my ST, then quickly realized that all modded or stock VT's hate us and try to claim they pull on us even though they are 100+hp and tq less. They are attacking the wrong car, but going after the FiST is less impressive I guess lol. Big turbo VTs put them on par with us I think...which says a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Yeah what rspec2014 said is why, I actually thought VT's were neat when I got my ST, then quickly realized that all modded or stock VT's hate us and try to claim they pull on us even though they are 100+hp and tq less. They are attacking the wrong car, but going after the FiST is less impressive I guess lol. Big turbo VTs put them on par with us I think...which says a lot.
At a huge expense...

Reactions: brian60

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
At a huge expense...
Exactly, I wouldn't spend $3,000+ dollars (honestly with supporting mods probably like $5k+) just to be able to beat a Focus ST which can be had used for 14-20k...some ST1s can even be had NEW for below 20k. It's a reminder to how much of a bargain our car really is.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Completely agree with you Brian. I wish I had bought the ST back in 2014.

Reactions: brian60

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I just purchased a 2016 GLA45 to replace my 2015 ST. Loved the ST but the FWD is a killer for where I live. Still have love for the ST family. I definitely miss the 6 spd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts