Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 2014 Ford Focus ST (manufactured after March 31st, 2014), and have been finding it difficult to find any brake rotors, as they all say they are only for ST's manufactured before March 31st.

I have found a brake guide and spreadsheet (link: ST Brakes.xlsx), and only see the StopTech options.

Worst case, I will buy the stock ones from the dealer. However, I am still curious if there are other options, and what others are running with. This car is used primarily for street driving with the occasional spirited driving, but nothing too crazy. I would like to track it at some point, though.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST1
1,842 Posts
The later rotors are a slightly larger diameter, but those were used until runout in 2018 so I would expect that they would be the easier ones to find.......I have used Centric Premiums and like them. Ford OE rotors are OK too for normal use.

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
487 Posts
I have stoptech rotors and they are holding up quite well.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,583 Posts
Powerstop here, also a late build 2014. They were in stock where i bought them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Powerstop here, also a late build 2014. They were in stock where i bought them.
Do you have a model number for them, by chance? And where did you buy them from? And what pads are you using with them?

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The later rotors are a slightly larger diameter, but those were used until runout in 2018 so I would expect that they would be the easier ones to find.......I have used Centric Premiums and like them. Ford OE rotors are OK too for normal use.
I did read somewhere that it went from a 12.6" to a 13.2" rotor size. Is this accurate? And if I can't find any rotors, I might just go with the Ford OEM rotors. They did last a long time.

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
I did read somewhere that it went from a 12.6" to a 13.2" rotor size. Is this accurate? And if I can't find any rotors, I might just go with the Ford OEM rotors. They did last a long time.
Roughly, yes. In 14 they switched from a 320mm rotor to the 335mm rotor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Power stop k7146. Its a kit with the z23 pads. I bought them from Summit, im local so i just walked in and got them.

Awesome, thanks Turbo! How long have you had them for? And how do they perform?

·
Super Moderator
4,583 Posts
Awesome, thanks Turbo! How long have you had them for? And how do they perform?
I put them on a couple weeks ago, im happy. This is my 4th set (one set on f150, one set on the 96 mustang, both sets on the 11 mustang). They last and brake well throughout their service life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put them on a couple weeks ago, im happy. This is my 4th set (one set on f150, one set on the 96 mustang, both sets on the 11 mustang). They last and brake well throughout their service life.
I think I'll go with these then. Thanks for the recommendation!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've used the PowerStop before and they turned out to be really good OE replacements.
Rock Auto has both sizes listed in stock, and their prices are normally pretty decent.

Oh, and if you want good pads with drastically reduced dusting, try the PowerStop Z23 pads, they have become my favorite.

·
Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
277 Posts
I've used the PowerStop before and they turned out to be really good OE replacements.
Rock Auto has both sizes listed in stock, and their prices are normally pretty decent.

Oh, and if you want good pads with drastically reduced dusting, try the PowerStop Z23 pads, they have become my favorite.

I use Z23 pads, they are good. On the track the stock rotor reach over 600 degree, enough to melt the stock pads. Those pads take it like nothing extraordinary.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
597 Posts
I use Z23 pads, they are good. On the track the stock rotor reach over 600 degree, enough to melt the stock pads. Those pads take it like nothing extraordinary.
Yup, and they dust very little unless you abuse them... and they still bite really good when they are cold. Awesome street pads

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I got to complete power stop kit on Amazon for $200 for all four tires. Have an installed yet. Hopefully those z23 pads are okay I've been running EBC yellow stuffs and they are a little aggressive but I love them. Just didn't want to Shell out 200 bucks just for pads again. Figured 200 bucks for the whole kit even if I don't use the power stop pads hopefully maybe the rotors are a little better quality. May still end up getting ebc yellow stuffs who knows. Comes with all the clips and new boots and caps for the bolts.

·
Registered
2016 Oxford White
387 Posts
I prefer the Centric blank rotors, with the coated hats to keep the rust away for a while longer then the uncoated rotors. Priced right and they have lasted me a long while on my previous vehicles.

I never bother with slotted/drilled... too expensive and no benefit (unless you just want the look).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts