Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got rear ended into the car in front. I have the option to keep salvage car.
How much is it worth? I would sell as is or rebuild. I don't have time to pull parts unless easy.

Observable damages: rear lower bumper, front bumper, cracked headlights (still work), hood.
No leaks. Car runs.
20160614_131736.jpg 20160611_160255.jpg

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
What is the mileage? Its pretty crazy to think that it runs and they are going to salvage it from easy cosmetic damages.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
There's no side photo shot, and the hood impact is pretty head-on around the driver's side frame rail.

I wouldn't be surprised if the driver's side door doesn't quite fit because the A pillar got pushed back just a bit.

Wild speculation I know, but we all know insurance companies are loathe to total cars if they don't have to. Unless of course the insurance company is going to say the resale value is ludicrously low...

Regardless, big bummer for the OP, but glad no one got hurt.

Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are really totaling it; $14k in repairs. Car has 37k miles. Kelly Blue Book is $18,500.
Car is super clean; was valued as in great condition by the adjustor. Only flaws were 2 small dents. Car was garaged day and night. Drivers side is all perfect. No pillar damage and doors closes perfectly. It was not a strong impact. Only knee airbag went off.

I'm wondering what the car would be worth to determine if it is worth buying from them as salvage and then repair or sell as is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I OWN A BODYSHOP AND SPECIALIZE IN REBUILDING LATE MODEL FOCUS, 12 AND UP.
WITH A REBUILDABLE TITLE THAT CAR IS WORTH $5,000.00 TO A REBUILDER.
BUT, FLORIDA MAY BRAND IT AS NON-REBUILDABLE WHICH KILLS THE VALUE.
THEY DO THAT TO MOST WRECKS THERE, TAT MEANS THEY ARE PARTS ONLY...

I'D GIVE YOU $5K FOR IT IN A MINUTE IF THEY DON'T KILL THE TITLE.

I'm BUILDING A 2015 ST3 RIGHT NOW THAT I JUST BOUGHT AT SALE TWO WEEKS AGO, SOLD IT TODAY.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I work at a body shop too. i dont see that being a total loss. but depends a lot on what it looks like underneath all the body panels. if it bent the frame rail enough the motor will have to be pulled to fix/replace. and i think some state automatically total a car with frame damage.

but if it is....let it go, buy another one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts