Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently seen someone do this on a 2015/2017 by moving it to where their USB port is.
I have a crazier idea but need a little assistance with the wiring.
I'm looking to move it to where the 12V socket it on the 2013 (behind the shifter, between the heated seat switches). I have a feeling I'll have to extend the harness a bit, but, there are 4 wires, probably around 22/24 AWG.
My question is, would anyone know if extending that harness with slightly larger wire gauge could mess with any of the anti theft systems by splicing in a longer length?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My question is, would anyone know if extending that harness with slightly larger wire gauge could mess with any of the anti theft systems by splicing in a longer length?
no, it will be fine. it is just a switch, there is no part of the anti theft in the switch. the RF antenna for the key fob(for when the battery is dead) is located in the bottom of the center console. just solder and extend the wires to your new location.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, it will be fine. it is just a switch, there is no part of the anti theft in the switch. the RF antenna for the key fob(for when the battery is dead) is located in the bottom of the center console. just solder and extend the wires to your new location.
Perfect! Thanks for the clarification!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts