Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving this car so far, upgraded from a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT. Love the sunroof, the interior, the handling (capable without being harsh), the engine sound, and the sunroof. Two things keep messing me up though.

First is the hill-holder. I start off and let off the clutch while facing uphill at a stop sign or whatever and the car doesn't move backwards, freaks me out. I think "Did it stall, or is the parking brake on?" It's a good feature, I'm just not used to it yet.

Second thing that messes me up is the radio playing after you push the start/stop button. Normally that is fine but I keep parking with music blasting, forget I had the car running, then start to take my foot off the clutch when I am ready to get out and the car lurches. I need to get in the habit of hitting the start/stop button as soon as I'm parked.

These aren't complaints, just observations!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Loving this car so far, upgraded from a 2008 Mazdaspeed3 GT. Love the sunroof, the interior, the handling (capable without being harsh), the engine sound, and the sunroof. Two things keep messing me up though.

First is the hill-holder. I start off and let off the clutch while facing uphill at a stop sign or whatever and the car doesn't move backwards, freaks me out. I think "Did it stall, or is the parking brake on?" It's a good feature, I'm just not used to it yet.

Second thing that messes me up is the radio playing after you push the start/stop button. Normally that is fine but I keep parking with music blasting, forget I had the car running, then start to take my foot off the clutch and the car lurches. I need to get in the habit of hitting the start/stop button as soon as I'm parked.

These aren't complaints, just observations!
Turn off the hill assist feature. It's in your dash menu under driver assistance. I turned that garbage off instantly. I'd rather it not help me since it almost got me hit by a truck once trying to pull out in a hurry and it held me in place for a second.

The 2nd one you will have to just get used to :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Turn off the hill assist feature. It's in your dash menu under driver assistance. I turned that garbage off instantly. I'd rather it not help me since it almost got me hit by a truck once trying to pull out in a hurry and it held me in place for a second.
Oh really? Yeah I'd like it off. I don't think I saw it in the menus but will double-check. I think I can use Forscan or Focccus if nothing else.

ETA: Just checked, it's there. I am the type that goes through all the settings but either I missed it or just thought I'd give it a chance.

It's definitely handy to be able to roll backwards sometimes. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
lmfao hill assist! xD

Second one is a great wake up call before you get out on the road, If your going to be out there with me on the road, you better be fuking awake. :smile:

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm pretty sure it rolls back if you have it in neutral and let off the clutch since I've had to do this in traffic when I realize the guy in front of me is too busy looking for his vibrator app and I need to roll back a little before I can cut around him (yeah, I could use the horn, but I'm sick of it and it's more satisfying to go around them unless I got some train air horns or maybe a PA system like I used to have). It's also possible that I release it with a touch of the accelerator, but it's an automatic process and I can't actually recall what I do specifically. I should probably shut off the HH, but never remember to do it and since I just use my right foot on the brake and gas simultaneously like in a heel-toe shift, it's rarely noticed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh really? Yeah I'd like it off. I don't think I saw it in the menus but will double-check. I think I can use Forscan or Focccus if nothing else.

ETA: Just checked, it's there. I am the type that goes through all the settings but either I missed it or just thought I'd give it a chance.

It's definitely handy to be able to roll backwards sometimes. Thanks!
That would be when someone is inching up too close to me at a stoplight. I like to roll back a bit to encourage them to stop a little sooner.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like that with the hill-assist it only kicks on if you really press hard on the brake. If i put just enough pressure to stop and hold that position it doesn't trigger it. Gives me choice to start off naturally, or use caution if there is someone right on tail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts