Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I went to start my 2013 ST2 this evening. The car started just fine but I immediately noticed that my entire dashboard (including the boost-gauges etc) are blacked out and non-responsive. Also cannot get any power to my radio/touchscreen, though I do have power going to the climate control beneath that. Further, I do not have any audio response for my indicators (no tick tick tick) - though they are actually working along with my headlights.

The best clue I have is: 30 seconds after turning the car off the 8'' screen does actually flash on to display the message 'Battery Saver - System off'

This message has a bar underneath which then fills up before the screen goes black again.

Searching online, I cannot find another case exactly like this one - though similar messages seem to have been fixed with a new battery. I do not believe I've ever replaced my car battery (5+ years) - so I'm inclined to try that first. I just can't understand why it would be an intentional feature to kill all power and response to my instrument cluster / dashboard

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
Registered
825 Posts
My 2014 about 1 year in suddenly lost the gauges and idiot lights.
Took it in and the problem was a connector under the passenger seat was wonky.
(apparently this is a known issue. They did not take long to know what it was)
They said all they did was pop off seat, disconnect it and reconnect.
Fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my battery and alternator checked, both look good. I was kinda hoping it would be something as simple as the battery.

Thanks E.E. - I have an appointment at my dealer Thursday morning and will update with what they find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts