Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched the 3 part video series on youtube with jason explaining things. I kept hearing him talk about blowing up his tweeters. I have installed jbl gx602 from crutchfields website. They have supplied me with the plug and play harness. When ordering from them you tell them you have the 10 speaker system. Now with using the plug and play connector solve the tweeter/crossover issue? I might buy tweeters as well. But would all the signals be correct without buying anything else? Also I see tweeters advertise having a built in crossover, would that eliminate a external crossover like in his videos? I would like to add that I dont want to get another amp for the speakers.

The last question I had was how many upgrade the center dash speaker? I read about unplugging it and I would rather not since everyone seams to have a different opinion. I see a few companies offer a speaker for the dash according to crutchfields site. What are the specs of the factory amp?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_12072...arness-for-select-Ford-Mazda-11-up-4-pin.html

I know this topic has been beat to death but I would just like clearification. This is also my first real post on here. I been lurking for a while now.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
hes talking about blowing up tweeters because the signal the amp send to the tweeters sends too low of a frequency to them, the OEM tweeters have a capacitor on them to filter out the lower freqs, and any tweeter you put in there will also need something to protect them, either by a full on passive crossover (like the one that would have came with the component version of the JBLs you bought) or a more simpler inline crossover that only filters for the tweeter usually because the matching woofer usually has the inductor right on the woofer to filter out the treble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if the tweeters I get have a inline crossover than ill be fine? There dont seem to be many that offer a affordable 1/2 tweeter. Also crutchfield is saying our dash speaker is 3.5. Anyone see benifits from upgrading this? Honestly right now you cant really notice the tweeter. So if l left it alone would it harm my new speakers? I do plan on getting tweeters.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just a update here. My jbl gx602 are 2 way speakers that I put in all 4 doors. I did purchase a lc7i since I plan on amping the door speakers. I already added a cheap loc and 2 alpine type r. I will run this into my new lc7i. So I am still confused on what do to about the 4 tweets. Crutchfield sells a bass blocker. Do I just get 4 of those for my door speakers? Since they are 2 way do I still need the bass blocker? Also Since I need to amp my door speakers I will get a 4 channel amp. Not sure how to wire the tweets in with the channels. I know I would have to tap into the factory middle plug on the amp. So would I wire the fronts to a channel and the rears to a channel? That still leaves me confused about the tweets. Is it worth upgrading my tweets since I cant even hear them over the new speakers? I also read about some people fitting 3/4 tweets in the factory housings.

I also would like to add that I looked over multiple threads including mediapimp install and a few others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts