Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the math and that averages out to about 13,000 per year. However I put almost 20,000 on this last year. I do a lot of highway miles but about 2 times a month I am pretty hard on it going through the canyons. what do you guys thing any thing I should consider since I'm closing in on 100,000?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I did the math and that averages out to about 13,000 per year. However I put almost 20,000 on this last year. I do a lot of highway miles but about 2 times a month I am pretty hard on it going through the canyons. what do you guys thing any thing I should consider since I'm closing in on 100,000?
Average Milage is 15k a year. So your mileage is not unusual. The part that confuses me is your question. Are you asking if the ST will be reliable after 100k or are you asking what your next car should be? I'm not sure where you are going with this...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not bad i have 14k miles on my 13 st3. Is been good so far. Hows your 60k been handling. Any tune on it. I have a fswerks tune. No problems yet for me

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Average Milage is 15k a year. So your mileage is not unusual. The part that confuses me is your question. Are you asking if the ST will be reliable after 100k or are you asking what your next car should be? I'm not sure where you are going with this...
I’m asking if there are any maintenance things I should be considering maybe a certain oil or parts that might be good to replace in the near future?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not bad i have 14k miles on my 13 st3. Is been good so far. Hows your 60k been handling. Any tune on it. I have a fswerks tune. No problems yet for me

My st is great a few bushings need replacement but she is really fun. That’s why I was asking wondering about the clutch life span also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My st is great a few bushings need replacement but she is really fun. That’s why I was asking wondering about the clutch life span also.
As long as the clutch is not slipping it should be good for however many miles you put on it.
Your driving habits determine how long it will last.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
As long as the clutch is not slipping it should be good for however many miles you put on it.
Your driving habits determine how long it will last.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
What he said. I dont beat my car as much just sprited driving. Some highway pulls here and their lol. Hope my clutch last 80 to 100k.

·
Registered
598 Posts
13 @ 62xxx Only changed brakes and fluids. Paint chips are the only real enemy.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like you drive about the same as me. My 2014 I bought new just hit 56k. I drive it to work mostly highway with about 15 minutes of hard hill driving and cutting before the freeway. My "zen" moment for the day if you will :).

I do oil changes with full synthetic and OEM filter every 4500-5000 miles.

At 55k just last week I did the following:
-New Plugs
-Change transmission fluid
-Flush/replace brake fluid

I plan on flushing the coolant, probably after the winter.

The car is running great, like new, and the only thing that I notice are the stock shocks feel way crappier than when they were new. My plan is to replace them with Bilsteins or something, and maybe slightly stiffer springs after this winter as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Friend bought a 2012.5 with Stage 3 mods and no tuner / unknown tune on the car (wtf!!!) at 60k, and has put about 20k on it since. Lots of easy driving, but also some hard driving in there, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts