Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone has gone through this? I've got a slow leak in my coolant system. Local Ford dealer has tried a few things but nothing has truly stopped the leak. I have a "monster" warranty and now Ford Corp is sending me to different shop. Any insights on what this might be?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Could be a pin hole leak in the head gasket, but im pretty sure they have tested the coolant for exhaust by products.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Ford is something else.... I was literally just running a few errands yesterday & for unknown reasons the motor mount just blew & splattered transmission fluid all over my engine bay & now they want me to pay for it? What a joke.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ford is something else.... I was literally just running a few errands yesterday & for unknown reasons the motor mount just blew & splattered transmission fluid all over my engine bay & now they want me to pay for it? What a joke.....

It's probably the silicone dampening fluid that blew out. And i think mounts would be under the 3/36 warranty, i dont think that would be under the 5/60 powertrain.

·
Premium Member
13,251 Posts

Get an aftermarket mount and an hour of your time. Done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
There were TSB's and recalls on the mounts. Plus, its just a silicone based fluid. Mounts are covered under warranty as long as your not past the coverages where motor mounts are listed. I replaced my own in 2.5 hrs alone in garage on extra tall jack stands and jack to support trans/motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts