Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just picked up a full set of 2013 Recaros to swap into my 2015 ST1. I had a feeling that there would be an issue with the electrical connector, and sure enough they are nothing alike. I am wondering if anyone has done this swap and what they did? When the Fiesta guys swap the Focus seats in, they pull the cover off and swap the Fiesta airbag into the Focus seat to make it plug and play and I assume that would apply to this swap as well. I just wanted to get opinions before I go tearing seat covers off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I ended up finding your link later after I posted this, it helped a ton. I tackled this last night and it took about 4 hours to complete. I just harvested the seat harness from my ST1 seats and put it onto the ST2s. The only thing I did differently was I spliced the wires for the position sensor into the ST1 harness, otherwise, everything else plugged in and no airbag light and everything seems to work correctly. The hardest part was getting that damn airbag harness from the seats and swapping it, followed by the gel pad thing from the passenger seat. I dont think my hands have ever gotten more beat up from small cuts and scrapes than doing this swap. Im happy I was able to get it done, but like you said in your post, it would just be a ton easier to hold out for the correct year seats, but I got a good enough deal I was willing to make it work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks, I ended up finding your link later after I posted this, it helped a ton. I tackled this last night and it took about 4 hours to complete. I just harvested the seat harness from my ST1 seats and put it onto the ST2s. The only thing I did differently was I spliced the wires for the position sensor into the ST1 harness, otherwise, everything else plugged in and no airbag light and everything seems to work correctly. The hardest part was getting that damn airbag harness from the seats and swapping it, followed by the gel pad thing from the passenger seat. I dont think my hands have ever gotten more beat up from small cuts and scrapes than doing this swap. Im happy I was able to get it done, but like you said in your post, it would just be a ton easier to hold out for the correct year seats, but I got a good enough deal I was willing to make it work.
What did you do about the powered seats? Did you do what that aaron guy did?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts