Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around for an aftermarket front bumper honeycomb insert...with no luck. I know its not a ton of work to grind out the plastic, but I don't really have a place or tools to do it. Has anyone come across something out there, or possibly even something with speed mesh that is a direct replacement?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Look around for a used beeks deep dish grille. or grinding the extra plastic might be the only other option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
79 Posts
There was a forum member here that was making some but from what I remember his molding bit the dust and was expensive to make. I think he didn't want to invest in a new one and no longer had the time to make them anymore but they looked really good and I wish I would have gotten one before he quit. I still don't understand why no other company or person has tried to make one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks ill look around, maybe if people are interested i'm pretty crafty, I might just whip something up that I can mold and sell if i get enough interest. If anyone is interested give me some ideas of expectations and ill see how hard it might be to make a jig.

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks ill look around, maybe if people are interested i'm pretty crafty, I might just whip something up that I can mold and sell if i get enough interest. If anyone is interested give me some ideas of expectations and ill see how hard it might be to make a jig.
You don't have the time or tools to sand down the back of the grille but enough time and tools to start a small business?

I like your style.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't have the time or tools to sand down the back of the grille but enough time and tools to start a small business?

I like your style.
LOL yeah money motivates :) I'm pretty sure Id not do it as a side business, but maybe make a few pieces at once if I had enough people interested. I mean I could go two routes i guess, buy a few oem parts on the cheap, and just spend a whole day sanding them, or cut out the honeycomb and make a unique insert...i like the idea of unique.

PS my Style is to keep people guessing...or I'm just a crazy person, logic points to the latter and I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm personally not a fan of the whole honeycomb look so before I picked up Maxton's RS-style bumper, I was going to change my front to Zunsport's grille. They're not too expensive, it's subtle, and they sell a version for the lower part of the grille (in front of the IC) too.

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm personally not a fan of the whole honeycomb look so before I picked up Maxton's RS-style bumper, I was going to change my front to Zunsport's grille. They're not too expensive, it's subtle, and they sell a version for the lower part of the grille (in front of the IC) too.

View attachment 265738
nice looks a bit better than stock, and probably much better airflow, good find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts