Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2013 FOST with 73k a few days ago...

We will start from the beginning.. I would be driving, come to a stop and vehicle shuts off. This happens only when I either put the car in neutral or push the clutch all the way down and come to a stop. I am fairly knowledgeable about cars I thought a vacuum leak might be the culprit - I start to looking around and boom, a hole in my stock intercooler.

17778661_10155212083088118_1973619280_o.jpg

So I replace it and the problem is still there. I do some research on a local FB ST group and they are saying stuff like a recall about soldering MAP wires or something needs to be performed. That makes me feel a little bit more comfortable about my new purchase.

Fast forward to today.. an error popped up saying hill stability assist disabled or something along those lines so I go and get my codes scanned and it pops up with these 4...

17521732_10155212082898118_280145663_o.jpg

And to top it all off there is a noise coming from my engine bay, which sounds like its coming from the pulley of something and now my phone won't connect to my cars bluetooth even though it's been connecting no problem for days.

I'm at a loss for words and considering taking this car back to where i bought it and getting my money back.. Can someone chime in please?

·
Registered
147 Posts
As far as the stalling goes I'm in the same boat. 2013 st. 9,700 miles. Still have drivetrain warranty for a few more months. Seems like it's an easy fix though. There are plenty of people on here that say they fixed it themselves. Ford also has a video on how to do it. As far as the other issues I have no idea but I would use the lemon law if it applies to your locality.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I thought dealers weren't supposed to sell cars with outstanding recalls?
Get yer $$ back and find another dealer.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have a 2013 from new and had the stalling issue.

The engine splice recall should take care of the stalling issue. You can also clean up the grounds on the driver's frame rail, including the two under the battery.

There's a TSB for the Sound Symposer error, and it looks like your front O2 sensor is not happy.

I'd also check the battery itself; if it's original it might be time for a replacement. There are some TSBs out for the 68A error, but if the dealer who sold you the car with outstanding recalls (big no-no) is kind, their IDS scan tool with find all of the firmwares on the car which can be updated. Some dealers update firmwares as a courtesy as part of significant maintenance (mine does).

Hope that helps,
Mark

Reactions: Unfitproduct
1 - 9 of 9 Posts