Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I’m just looking for any advice at all in general that can help me! I own a 2013 Focus ST3 I bought at 64k miles and purchased a 2500 bumper to bumper warranty until 100k miles, I was wondering now that I’m at 85k miles I’ve never once had to use my warranty and would like to start modifying my car should I just cancel it, I assume I will get prorated amount maybe around 1000, is there anything maybe I can get them to replace since I’m nearing 100k? My only issue is sometimes my vehicle on a hot day with the A/C sometimes without it on will spudder when I come to stop in neutral almost as if a stallout, very minimal and barely happens and the issue isn’t severe nor any check engine or anything . But any advice with my situation would help a lot! I’m looking to go FBO after warranty because I didn’t want to void it. But would like to make some sort of use with mt my money! Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
3,065 Posts
I'd suggest a compression test before canceling anything.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, GFB DVX+ BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings, PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,931 Posts
If you've never changed your purge valve, overdue. This can help weird idle.
Don't recommend trying to get Ford to mess with it, unless you have other issues such as deformed gas tank or bad charcoal canister.

Ever check or change your plugs? Improper gap, heat range, or old plugs ran on a previous tune could also contribute.

·
Registered
210 Posts
A BUNCH of companies sell these extended coverage plans .... ya needs to read the fine print in yours to find answers as what company A does is not necessarily the same as B . . .

Reactions: TurboGT
1 - 4 of 4 Posts