Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just picked up my 2013 Focus ST3 on Monday. Its got 31k miles and I believe its fully loaded except the sunroof. I dont know of any other feature missing. So far I am very happy with my purchase and I plan to get a new COBB RMM soon as I read that is the very first thing that should be done to the car. I dont plan to do much else to the car for right now but eventually I want to build it up a bit.

Focus.jpg

Focus Seats.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Looks great! I have a 2016 ST1. Definitely jealous of those seats. I would make the Cobb Accessport V3 your next purchase. And use Stratified for tunes. (Best in the business)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Definitely get a better intercooler. The stock one is horrible. Also if you want a tune Panda Motorworks has awesome custom tunes.

Sent from another galaxy.
Allow me to reiterate the part where UnfocusedST said "The stock one is horrible."

It's horrible.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Allow me to reiterate the part where UnfocusedST said "The stock one is horrible."

It's horrible.
The stock one is not horrible...it's worthless...there's a difference.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Which intercooler do you guys recommend? Is there a comparison thread on any of them or should I just do some reading up?

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Which intercooler do you guys recommend? Is there a comparison thread on any of them or should I just do some reading up?
Cp-e has some awesome reviews here on the forums. Two different versions. The lightweight and the Delta Core. Both are great. Also made in the USA with lifetime warrantie.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a noob ST owner that drives the car 150+ miles a day, the intercooler is trash. The difference between driving it under normal conditions at 9:00 AM vs a few hours later is like night and day. The poor car is baked. FMIC will be replaced before I do anything else.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome guys! Its truly a great car. It all depends on what your looking to do. You will hear a lot about stages. Stage 1 is a Cobb tune and air filter. Stage 2 is intercooler and intake. Stage 3 is adding a downpipe. Exhaust doesn't really need a tune and adds the least out of the main parts.
Tune depends on the person. I know a lot go with Stratified, but I went with FSWERKS and they were great.

Intercooler
seems to be a resounding CPE intercooler and is the one part most people say is the worst stock and should be done no matter what.
Intake seems to be up in the air. No real difference from different manufacturers or sound from my research. I went with Injen and it sounds sick.
Downpipe is pretty similar boat. I see a lot go with Cobb and CPE.

None power additions.

Blow off Valve..or BOV with Turbosmart or Tial. The latter is a little more in depth to install though.
Short shift kit is really nice. I went with FSWERKS and it makes a big difference.
Strano Sway Bar is the only choice to me.
Exhaust.... Cobb is pretty loud and can have a drone sound. Borla and Injen are pretty close from what I hear. MBRP, stealth, Ford, and Rousch are pretty tame and some think are barely above stock at idle.
Rear motor mounts or RMM seems to be mostly CPE Stage 2 for the best. I think some go with Cobb but its not as good. They have a break in period of about 1000 miles and will give a little more rattle especially with ac running at idle.

You should have all of those stage upgrades before you go to big turbo to be safe. It's also a drastic difference in the car. A few guys have regretted it because its not the same car to drive... .its a lot of power with all of these mods and a tune. Just make sure its something you want to do. I hope this helps and feel free to ask if you have any questions. I'm not pro but i've spent a lot of time with guys who have done it and researched a lot.

Good Luck! Its going to be a lot of fun

·
Registered
505 Posts
I recently installed the Depo 3.5 and couldn’t be happier. Charge temps are consistently 2-4 above ambient.
Kicking myself for not doing it sooner.
It’s a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: danontario
1 - 14 of 14 Posts