Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ecoboost 2.0 turbocharger died, after replacement car ran but still had sluggish issue and died and would not restart. After going through everything discovered timing had jumped. Replaced timing chain and cam phasers, but engine still will not start. My question what is the correct clock position for both the intake and exhaust cams, mine are currently intake at 1 and exhaust at 11. Everything I have seen seems to indicate that this is correct but asking for confirmation. I believe when the engine jumped time it damaged the valve train, but before tearing it all the way down would appreciate knowing that I did time the thing correctly. Checked compression cylinder 1-80, wet 101, Cylinder 2-35, wet 65, cylinder 3-80, wet 101 and cylinder #4-80, wet 110. Yes, I know, these readings all point to valve and ring issue, especially cylinder #2. Engine has 165,000 miles on it, it actually is my sons car and I suspect it might have been ran low on oil is well. Just trying to dot all the I's and cross all the t's before further teardown. Also if timing is correct and my worst fears are correct would replacement be better or rebuild. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts