Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
For someone wanting to stay stockish and not void their warranty I think its a great way to go

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have had the Ford Racing calibration on my ST for 2 years now and like it. While it likely is not as good as a custom tune and you don't get the monitoring capabilities of the access port you do get to have a warranty for 3/36 which is nice.

It definitely makes for a fun daily driver with the tune.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
From what I can tell, it is only power gained under the curve, translating to a flatter powerband, everything above 5k is the same. Judging by what I can dig up on the ford racing rune, its just gobs more torque between 2300-4500rpm with a quick falloff as the K03 runs out of room to breath.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think it is funny that if you look at the spark plugs by themselves Ford has a big red notice that says they are intended for off road use only and no warranty is available.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
From what I can tell, it is only power gained under the curve, translating to a flatter powerband, everything above 5k is the same. Judging by what I can dig up on the ford racing rune, its just gobs more torque between 2300-4500rpm with a quick falloff as the K03 runs out of room to breath.
Yuck, that's the last thing I want.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ford Performance Warranty Clarification

From my understanding, Ford Performance upgrades do not replace the 60K factory warranty on the powertrain nor do they void it. If these parts are found to cause damage to the powertrain, that damage will only be covered by the Ford Performance warranty. Otherwise, the 60K factory warranty remains intact.

"Installation of these select Ford Performance and mountune warranted performance packs and components by an authorized installer will NOT void your New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Engine, driveline and suspension concerns not caused by the use of Ford Performance or mountune parts remain eligible for warranty coverage according to the terms of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Ford Performance and mountune parts are aftermarket parts.
The use of Ford Performance and mountune parts may impact the performance characteristics of other systems of the vehicle. Even when operating properly, Ford Performance and mountune parts, such as these, have the potential to adversely impact other systems of the vehicle. If an adverse impact is caused by a warranted Ford Performance or mountune performance pack or component, the period and coverage of this Ford Performance Limited Warranty applies to the repairs."
https://performanceparts.ford.com/Warranty/include/pdf/Select_Parts_Warranty_Statement_2015.pdf

Now, I don't know how likely they are to claim that the upgrades cause powertrain damage on any given day. It seems like an easy scapegoat and one that's nearly impossible to prove either way.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This tune has been discussed and re-hashed and re-re-hashed hundreds of times. There's nothing new to it except it's now available for the 2017s. See this thread for everything you could ever want to know: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/1068-all-one-everything-frpp-thread.html

Also, your best price is through True Blue Racing. $399 for the tune and plugs: 2013-2017 FOCUS ST CALIBRATION WITH SPARK PLUGS

In my recommendation, go for it! It made my car a completely different beast. For the $525 (with install) it's totally worth it to get the performance and still maintain a warranty. Is it the absolute best tune for your particular car? Probably not, but it is the only one that maintains your warranty, and it's a strong tune that's a blast to drive.

Reactions: angrychair

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! I'm pretty new to the forum and the ST world. That article made the package seem new so I thought it'd be worth a thread. I'll read up on it there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I was in the same boat, couldn't decide between playing with fire (and maybe or maybe not voiding a warranty, although I heard the stage 1 and lower end custom tunes are pretty safe) or cutting my warranty in half and going with the FRPP. Well since I had a 17 I decided first one to come out wins...and I was surprised it was FRPP(they were telling me 3rd qt fall).

Well I will say this tune def. changes the car. It's frustrating from a launch . It will ROAST your tires all the way through 2nd, and I mean completely though second, its almost TOO much. I'd imagine on some slicks it would pull hard (have yet to do it) from a 2nd gear roll its a blast. and on the highway it passes cars with complete ease. I tend to keep it in 5th because any input on the accelerator and the boost jumps hard (I don't like to do that in 6th esp. in low RPM) it hits about 25 psi. Antoher thing ive noticed is that there is no boost in first gear, pretty easy to figure out why. I like it coming out of turns, although coming out of turns stock was really fun too. Shift points are around 5200 rpms, anything past that, outside of first, and you arnt going anywhere. All that tq makes it a fast car on the go but a wheel spinning fool from a stop. All in all its a fun tune. Just to add I have the FRPP intake FS WERKS short shifter, COBB MM, and Steeda rear sway bar (highly recommend that!) Id imagine its a high 13 second tune, although someone posted a 13.5 at 105 on the stock tires... I took it on the 8th and didn't think id see trap speeds that high, although I was having a REALLY REALLY hard time (like pathetic time) launching the car (nothing but 2.7 60 fts and trapped 79 on 1 2.2 60 ft but that was on a super humid day almost 90% on an unprepped track) I would recommend a FMIC with this tune.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was thinking of getting the performance pack but I called true blue and they told me I couldn't take off the tune if I sold the car so the tune stays with the car. I asked if i can put a better FMIC they said yes but i cant put a downpipe. Sad but not a deal breaker. So true blue has the pack with the procal3, intake, snorkel and plugs $530. What you guys think

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up this tune and had it installed. Can confirm very fun tune!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I thought the car could be flashed back to stock with this tune at a later date? Are you saying there is no way to save the stock tune to your laptop with the proclal software prior to installation?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Well I was in the same boat, couldn't decide between playing with fire (and maybe or maybe not voiding a warranty, although I heard the stage 1 and lower end custom tunes are pretty safe) or cutting my warranty in half and going with the FRPP. Well since I had a 17 I decided first one to come out wins...and I was surprised it was FRPP(they were telling me 3rd qt fall).

Well I will say this tune def. changes the car. It's frustrating from a launch . It will ROAST your tires all the way through 2nd, and I mean completely though second, its almost TOO much. I'd imagine on some slicks it would pull hard (have yet to do it) from a 2nd gear roll its a blast. and on the highway it passes cars with complete ease. I tend to keep it in 5th because any input on the accelerator and the boost jumps hard (I don't like to do that in 6th esp. in low RPM) it hits about 25 psi. Antoher thing ive noticed is that there is no boost in first gear, pretty easy to figure out why. I like it coming out of turns, although coming out of turns stock was really fun too. Shift points are around 5200 rpms, anything past that, outside of first, and you arnt going anywhere. All that tq makes it a fast car on the go but a wheel spinning fool from a stop. All in all its a fun tune. Just to add I have the FRPP intake FS WERKS short shifter, COBB MM, and Steeda rear sway bar (highly recommend that!) Id imagine its a high 13 second tune, although someone posted a 13.5 at 105 on the stock tires... I took it on the 8th and didn't think id see trap speeds that high, although I was having a REALLY REALLY hard time (like pathetic time) launching the car (nothing but 2.7 60 fts and trapped 79 on 1 2.2 60 ft but that was on a super humid day almost 90% on an unprepped track) I would recommend a FMIC with this tune.
Sounds like the quaife lsd would really compliment this tune!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts