Ford Focus ST Forum banner

2006 Eclipse GT vs 2014 Focus ST

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  2.3T 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine messaged me today who hasn't seen my car yet but knows I have it and apparently found this interesting information on Axlegeeks.

2014 Ford Focus ST 4dr Hatchback vs 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3....

I think that's some of the closest comparisons I've ever seen between two very different cars other than the 200lb weight difference. Think I would beat him? (Might find out Fri/Sat)

Edit: Even the dimensions of the exterior/interior are interestingly similar.

#6 ·
I honestly disagree...the 0-60 AND 1/4 mile is the exact same driver depending, and he's governed at 132 apparently with a 149 top speed when disabled. There's nothing too glaring that makes it look like he'd beat me.

If anything I would just say the age of his car causing a slight loss of performance would give ME the advantage let alone the 300 pound difference in weight of my car - spare tire gear

#4 ·
The eclipse hasnt been a performance car since 1999 with the end of the 4G63T line, first and second gen Eclipses are something to talk about. Everything after that.....meh

#8 ·
I think that the numbers on paper are $hit.... listen... a 67 shelby pushing 425+ HP stands no chance against a new mustang with 425 hp... even IF you made them identical in weight height dimensions etc.. newer car is going to beat older car.. it's not the same 425hp.. In this case... 10yr old eclipse vs focus st... driver or not.. the st should win easily.

#9 ·
Tuned, I'd give the ST the nod. No tune and I'd say the Eclipse, all things being equal. Curb weight from a roll means a lot less than from a dig.

#10 ·
I just can't find it within myself to believe a 10 year old car with probably less HP due to age being able to pull as hard even at highway speeds from a roll. It looks like he probably won't be able to meet up with me Friday or Saturday because he has to work security detail those days now.

He's scared

Reactions: Baxter
#12 ·
Here is a modded mitsu vs basically a stock MS3.

Racing is not just about HP and TQ. Gearing plays a big role.

Prime Example. Gen1 vs Gen2 MS3. Same HP, with only about 100lb difference between the two. Gearing in longer in the Gen2, so the Gen1 is quicker. Gen2 is the faster car, but when roll racing, the Gen1 will win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.