Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up to replace my '03 Mustang GT almost 3 years ago now. Its a lot of fun being faster than "fast" cars in a 5000 pound brick.

Stock pulley
Longtube headers
Magnaflow mufflers
Aftermarket valve body
Airraid CAI
ported TB and plenum
Hotchkis sway bars
Hotchkis lowering springs
JLP drop shackles
Custom tune

It still gets used as a truck from time to time

after a recent detail

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I love these when done right. Unfortunately, most of the ones I've seen have been ragged out garbage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats and welcome. My favorite truck ever is the Lightning. I have owned 3 Lightnings from new.

Owned a Red 1995, Red 2000 and Black 2004. Never a problem with any of them.

Great looking ride.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Definitely one of my favorite trucks out there, awesome work on it looks beautiful. I need to save up a few more years to get one, they're a pretty penny

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan on keeping it for as long as I can realistically. I'm only the second owner and have had it since 58k, it has 78k now(not bad for 2.75 years). I need a DD which is why I'm here, looking at buying one sometime this year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love lightnings. I always wanted one. I bought a blue one in 08 from houston. I drove 6 hours to get it. Payed 20k. 40k miles and clean. I noticed it had two holes in the bed that were welded up but I wasn't concerned. It had full exhaust and a kennel bell and intake and throttle body. That was all I could find out about mods. I test drove it a little and all seems fine. A couple hours later I was on my way back to new orleans with my new lightning.
It drove fine the whole way but never got into it. When I was about an hour away from home I had to punch it a little and the boost hose blew off. No big deal I will just put it on when I pull over. I pull over and lift the hood and there is coolant coming for the top of the coolant cap. But not overheating. Long story short the guy who had it before my added power adders on a stock block and roll caged it. Raced it, broke it , and sold it. It had 2 cracked heads and 2 bad rods. My mechanic put it back together and dropped the truck back at the dealer and got my money back. They did offer to fix it but I decided to walk.
Now I am putting a new built 5.4 withing lightning supercharger in my old 01 f150 supercrew that had a starting to leak 250k mile 4.6. Built 4r70 Trans and rebuilt 8.8 rear diff. It will have full bolt ons with stock boost and 9.5 to 1 CR. It will be used for work and towing 98% of the time. I have been waiting for this thing to be built for 7 months but it is almost done.
OP I am glad to hear you are really digging your ride and it is a beautiful one at that. Do you have any dyno and boost numbers?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
OP I am glad to hear you are really digging your ride and it is a beautiful one at that. Do you have any dyno and boost numbers?
I see around 9-10 psi at wot now. No dyno numbers yet.
I would guess 360-370ish rwhp and 440-450 tq

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice looking truck, I miss mine from time to time. Mine was a 2004 was fully built with a whipple, BTS trans, NX kit, Livernois heads, comp cams, full suspension. On pump gas it made right at 700 to the tires never sprayed it, ran a couple 10 sec 1/4 mile passes.

Ran it at pinks all out when it was early in the build

Ok im done with the thread jack

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts