Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not get me flamed, but I searched on here AND google and couldnt exactly find a thread about this...Are our cars capable of spitting flames during 2 step? SRT-4 2 step videos always make me feel a little funny in the pants and Im just curious if anyone has any videos or input on this..Thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Srt4s are just known for flame throwing. With the mpx catless downpipe and exhaust, mine did on hard downshifts and up shifts. The n2mb boost box made them throw flames when 2 stepping.
I haven't heard of anybody on here shooting flames.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The shooting flames comes from the tuning strategy used during 2-step and anti-lag or NLS to keep the turbos spooled. Run the fueling rich and retard ignition timing to get EGTs up and get the turbine spinning. Any car can do it. Running cat less/straight pipe exhaust helps to make sure the flames make it all the way out the tips.

Reactions: Tangerinest13

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shooting flames comes from the tuning strategy used during 2-step and anti-lag or NLS to keep the turbos spooled. Run the fueling rich and retard ignition timing to get EGTs up and get the turbine spinning. Any car can do it. Running cat less/straight pipe exhaust helps to make sure the flames make it all the way out the tips.
Good reply..So in theory one of the venders on here who make custom tunes could create a tune for such thing to happen??

·
Registered
521 Posts
If Cobb or SCT has a table for NLS or 2-step then yes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
already went through this with Torrie and there are no provisions for such a tune with SCT
That's one of the things I love about Cobb. They have some of the best software engineers in the world at their disposal and if a table doesn't exist that needs to exist they can usually make it happen. Give the ST platform some time and there will be tons of tuning features and options available that aren't currently.

·
1,976 Posts
Anytime I have used my launch control it never shot flames. I get a gurgle on decel and that is about it, my SRT-4 on the other hand was a flame thrower master lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
My R32 shot some pretty gnarly flames. Catless with spark cut tune. Sounded like a gun in between shifts and the shifts were lightning fast. I wish Jeff from UM would start fiddling around with the ST tuning like he does for VW/Audi.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts