Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Would there be interest in a 2.5" CNC Mandrel bent intermediate replacement pipe

• Yes

• No

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to gauge interest for others like me that prefer a stock exhaust systems noise output but are looking to replace the restrictive factory resonator.

I'm working with an extremely knowledgeable business that can write me a CNC profile and bend a custom 2.5" 409L stainless steel replacement pipe that runs from just over the axle where the factory 2.5" exhaust steps down to 2.25" and the resonator.

I'm looking to step down from my 3" DP to 2.5" all the way back to the axle. I keep kicking around with two separate scenarios.

1. 3" off my DP to a 3" higher flowing (but quite as possible) resonator and then 2.5" out all the way back to the factory muffler.

Or

2. Transition from 3" to 2.5" w/ resonator from the DP and run 2.5" all the way back to the factory muffler.

Would anyone else be interested in getting in on this or should I just have one made and let it be my secret 馃.

Just curious

J

Reactions: Habriant40

Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
I think if i ever went big turbo, I'd want to put my stock muffler back on and do this. Be stealthy. I'm starting to not like noise attracting attention my way.

Find out how much they want, out of curiosity.

Super Moderator
I'd be interested in a nice one piece to replace the what I had made out of several pieces of scrap bends I came up with.

You now have a 100% approval on your poll...

Premium Member
2013 ST2, AGP BWS turbo, long block
I voted yes, but don't count me as buying one. My current set up is working fine for me.
It just seems like a really nice option. the 2.5" may help take away the obnoxiousness that some 3" pipes result in.

Registered
2018 ST1 Magnetic Gray
If the price is right, I'll get one. I'm planning to do a straight exit on the rear stock muffler with an u-bend to meet one of the twin exhaust with a cut off, maybe. Instead of the exhaust going thru the internal baffle tube only, it will go straight thru out. Noise will be about the same but more flow.

Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So as promised work has begun on the 2.5" drop in system along with a few twists. It's been slow because some drunk butthole decided it was a good Idea to hit my wife's new car and run.

Anyway here's a sneak peak:
2.5" midpipe
2.5" full (DP to Muffler)
3" midpipe
3" full (DP to Muffler)
&
A custom mod to the factory muffler that isn't just gut it out.

Stay Tuned

J

Registered
So as promised work has begun on the 2.5" drop in system along with a few twists. It's been slow because some drunk butthole decided it was a good Idea to hit my wife's new car and run.

Anyway here's a sneak peak:
2.5" midpipe
2.5" full (DP to Muffler)
3" midpipe
3" full (DP to Muffler)
&
A custom mod to the factory muffler that isn't just gut it out.

View attachment 391575 View attachment 391576

Stay Tuned

J
I'm interested in the modification(s) you've made to the stock muffler, out of intellectual curiosity. Best wishes on your project's success.

Registered
That's a really nice looking kit! I'm gonna assume you'll use the stock hangers/bushings so it's not any more harsh vibrations than necessary... Once I put the polyurethane muffler hangers on the last car, it vibrated significantly more. Wasn't more additional noise, but was very close to the same level of annoying :whistle:

Reactions: rob99rt and TurboGT
1 - 9 of 9 Posts