Ford Focus ST Forum banner
281 - 300 of 326 Posts

· Registered
2015 Focus ST2
313 Posts
Does the TB require a retune? Or can the car adjust since it’s MAP based? May have something to do with the blown motor, but probably not.. I also want to know for my car would I be fine to install the TB & Intake stuff now and retune the car after the PM is installed?

· Administrator
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6spd, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
15,331 Posts
Does the TB require a retune? Or can the car adjust since it’s MAP based? May have something to do with the blown motor, but probably not.. I also want to know for my car would I be fine to install the TB & Intake stuff now and retune the car after the PM is installed?
Sure.

· Registered
260 Posts
I have no idea. When we installed it initially it fired right up. We tuned for it bc I did it in conjunction with the charge pipes. But when we put the new motor in and fired it up, it just bogged out a couple times. I'm thinking maybe from it being unplugged and dead for a couple months the throttle position sensor was off a bit. Idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator
13,021 Posts
There is a re-learn for accelerator position that may help in some cases:

FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY TO ENSURE CORRECT FITMENT AND OPERATION
STEP 1-Disconnect battery for 5 minutes. Reconnect or use a code reader to clear any stored codes in the computer. NOTE: IF THIS IS A NEW INSTALL, PROCEED TO STEP 2. STEP 2- Turn ignition key to on position, do not start the engine. STEP 3- Slowly depress the gas pedal to the floor, and then slowly release it. Do this three (3) times. On the third press hold pedal to the floor until the check engine light flashes release the pedal and turn the key off. STEP 4- Now start engine. The gas pedal is now in synch with the larger throttle body.

· Registered
4,366 Posts
Yes, stock charge pipes
I would get rid of the stock pipes for either cobb or mountune There are two restrictions found in the OEM piping.

Automotive exhaust Composite material Gas Auto part Pipe
Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Camera lens Tire Camera accessory

· Registered
2015 Focus ST2
313 Posts
Depo racing. I'm pretty sure the set was like 160

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darn you lol… and the wallet takes another hit.. they’re ordered.. only reason I was going to keep stock pipes is everything I saw was 500$ a set.. wish I had known before I ordered clamps from HPS. Do they ship quickly? Seems like many aftermarket parts for this car are back ordered. Thank you for your help.. should be much better than stock.

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
Darn you lol… and the wallet takes another hit.. they’re ordered.. only reason I was going to keep stock pipes is everything I saw was 500$ a set.. wish I had known before I ordered clamps from HPS. Do they ship quickly? Seems like many aftermarket parts for this car are back ordered. Thank you for your help.. should be much better than stock.
Depot racing is the worst quality pipes for our platform. Just saying. Should have stuck with your gut/wallet, lol

· Administrator
15,331 Posts
i read a few threads and they said they fit well and appeared good to go. What is “wrong” with them?
Fitment is mediocre, quality is super low, mounting tab for hotside can snap off easily. They are very flimsy aluminum.

They'll probably be fine, but are not a great value part, compared to the Depot FMIC, imho

· Registered
4,366 Posts
Reactions: xafnyx

· Registered
4,366 Posts
see above

· Registered
4,366 Posts
Reactions: xafnyx
281 - 300 of 326 Posts