Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have one shipping and was told only the pigtail needs to be spliced and extended, otherwise it bolts up. The Lincoln MKX, 2.3 ecoboost mustang, 2.7 ecoboost F150 and I believe Edge share the same throttle body part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one shipping and was told only the pigtail needs to be sliced and extended, otherwise it bolts up. They Lincoln MKX, 2.3 ecoboost mustang, 2.7 ecoboost F150 and I believe Edge share the same throttle body part number

I have one ready for pick up. I will be messing with installing it next week. I have a 61mm stock throttle body right now. But 63mm sounds even better lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think these are being bored out to 66mm or more, but I'm going to be leaving it alone.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can you measure the inlet and outlet? It looks to taper.
On a quick glance with a basic elementary ruler, inlet is just over 2.5" and exit is just under 2.5"

I will get better measurements tonight when I'm in the garage. Official ford stuff says it's 65mm inlet, 63mm outlet

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
On a quick glance with a basic elementary ruler, inlet is just over 2.5" and exit is just under 2.5"

I will get better measurements tonight when I'm in the garage. Official ford stuff says it's 65mm inlet, 63mm outlet

Nice and thank you. It is a little larger than stock. For $60 it will be a good investment if it plugs right in and should. I have a stock one at home and will measure tonight to see exactly how much bigger it is

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice and thank you. It is a little larger than stock. For $60 it will be a good investment if it plugs right in and should. I have a stock one at home and will measure tonight to see exactly how much bigger it is
Stock ST is 57mm, im currently running a custom 61mm bored ST throttle body. So this is a big step up forn $60.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was told by Aaron at Stratified it bolts up, but the pig tail just needs to be extended. He said they use it on one of their shop ST's

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Alright I got a little time tonight to compare the two throttle bodies. A little key important information. First I was holding a phone for pics in one hand and the calipers in one hand.... so the pics and measurements may not be perfect. Second please note that my throttle body has been custom bored to 60mm. Stock ST throttle body should be 57mm.

Intake manifold inlet is 2.565" - 65mm
My custom bored TB out 2.375" - 60mm

2.3 TB outlet 2.425" - 61.5mm
2.3 TB inlet 2.575" - 65mm
2.3 TB out side 2.755 - 70mm

Also please note in the pictures below that the plugs are in different locations, so the comment above about needing to extend the harness maybe true. When I get around to installing the throttle body ill see if i can find some slack in the harness or rotate the throttle body to make it work. I don't wanna have to extend the harness if I don't have to.....

Final thing needed is new bolts, the original bolts are too short...... to be continued.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I am definitely interested in seeing how this goes. For the price it will probably be hard to ignore this upgrade.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should be able to go to your local ford dealership and pick one up. I will be putting together a kit eventually with the throttle body and necessary install items. I'm not a "vendor" but if you check out my car's Facebook build page I will post details in there once I get everything figured out. Link is in my signature.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts