Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How many tickets have you gotten in the ST?

Votes: 241 72.8%

Votes: 65 19.6%

Votes: 16 4.8%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Enough that I'm about to lose my license!

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
581 - 587 of 587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
Within the first month of owning got pulled over and threatened with reckless driving/car towed. I was only going about 15 over, but the cop was in his own car and didn't clock me. He said he though I was going at least 70 in a 40...fought the ticket and got out without any scratches.
When you say "his own car" what are you meaning there? And that's a pretty impossible case for them to win against you w/o any proof at all lol

·
Registered
557 Posts
When you say "his own car" what are you meaning there? And that's a pretty impossible case for them to win against you w/o any proof at all lol
It was a county sheriff on the way home from work driving an F150 but it had all the lights and stuff regular cops have, but hidden inside. Literally just a black truck so I didn't suspect anything as I passed. I looked in my mirror and there he was pulling a U-turn with all the lights on.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
It was a county sheriff on the way home from work driving an F150 but it had all the lights and stuff regular cops have, but hidden inside. Literally just a black truck so I didn't suspect anything as I passed. I looked in my mirror and there he was pulling a U-turn with all the lights on.
Wow...that's non-heterosexual.

Funny story I feel is 5% relevant to this conversation:

My girlfriend, her sister, and her sister's BF and I all just got back from vacation on Saturday. They all live together. Anway, so we get home to discover that their shed was broken into and their lawnmower and other stuff was stolen (okay...this is NOT the funny part). So we call the cops and discover (while waiting on the cops) that like 5 or 6 houses got hit. Cops arrive and I realize I could move my car over a little to give them more room to park, so I walk out and very politely (look at my signature...plus I have 2 police flags on my car and I usually wear a thin blue line bracelet ever since a trooper was killed near where I live...so needless-to-say I'm extremely polite to cops) ask if they would like me to move my car. There was an older (probably close to 40) and a younger cop, both males. The older one immediately replies with "that is up to you, but has anyone ever said anything to you about your tint?" I'm caught off guard by this and reply with "Um..." and he interrupts with "It is definitely too dark and certainly illegal..." so I go "Well I did question the salesman at McCafferty ford who I bought it off of and he assured me it was fine (which is the truth....even though I knew it was too dark when I bought it) and he went on to lecture me about my tint for a moment before I changed subject.

Made me wonder afterwards what the hell he was thinking asking me about my damn tint...while responding to a multi-home BURGLARY...especially since on my dark windows there are police flag decals. Smh. I think it is funny now, after the fact, but why was that the first thing out of his mouth lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got harassed by a state cop a few weeks back. He was sitting in a driveway on the road I live on (at a home that was for sale, so I imagine he was checking it out, or it was his folk's place) in a small stretch between two nice curves. On this day, I actually slowed down quite a bit and was going a reasonable speed when I passed him. I'm looking in the mirror and it looked like he pulled out just as I was entering the next curve. I exit the corner and I'm cruising along at or below the speed limit with my house only .5-.75 miles ahead. But ahead there was a car doing only about 40-45 mph in a 55mph zone. No big deal, I kept my distance and pulled into my driveway. Pull up to the garage door and hit the opener...and then, there he is in my rearview with his ****ing lights on in front of my house. He comes up to my window (hand on his gun) and asks for license/registration, and asked if this is my house (apparently he didn't see my garage door open when I pulled up in front of it - yeah he was pretty far back) I ask him what this is about...he says I was pretty close to that car in front me (I try not to roll my eyes). I tell him I was 3-4 car lengths behind (that's what I said, but I was probably further back than that, since I knew he was behind me), and that the guy was only going 40-45 mph. He goes back to his car and turns the lights off...comes back and says I'm free to go, since that is the recommended distance (1 car length for every 10 mph) and since this is my house. Harassed for not driving a minivan...

·
Registered
557 Posts
Funny story I feel is 5% relevant to this conversation:
Well, I have quite a funny story about my tint...I was on a road rally last fall with about 70 other cars, anything from a Saturn Ion Redline to a grand Cherokee to a Lambo Huracan...Anyways we are ripping through Northern Michigan and there are plenty of State cops out looking for us because of numerous calls of speeding on the highways.

We finally arrive in Traverse City (beautiful city at the tip of the Mitten) and we are all going slow enough because we are staying in this city and don't want to ruin our welcome. So we pass a State trooper and he immediately gets behind me I'm sure running my plates for the 3 miles he followed me IN THE MIDDLE OF SUPERCARS....me! Finally puts the lights on and pulls me over for tints. This next part I mean no disrespect to anyone, but after he asked me for the reason for my tints I told him that I had skin cancer...I'm a red headed, fair-skinned guy btw.

He changed the subject and told me to tell all my buddies to slow down lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got caught doing 50 in a 30 around a bend. I should have known better but I was not in a good mood that day and the right-most pedal was getting the brunt of my abuse. Cop flies out from his hidey-hole and pulls me over. Takes my license back to his car then a few seconds later he dashes back to my window, flips my license to me and says, "never let me catchin' you going that fast again" and runs back to his car. I guess there was something more important going on because he immediately flipped his car around and took off in the other direction with lights and sirens going. Let's just say I was very grateful.

·
Super Moderator
8,083 Posts
I got caught doing 50 in a 30 around a bend. I should have known better but I was not in a good mood that day and the right-most pedal was getting the brunt of my abuse. Cop flies out from his hidey-hole and pulls me over. Takes my license back to his car then a few seconds later he dashes back to my window, flips my license to me and says, "never let me catchin' you going that fast again" and runs back to his car. I guess there was something more important going on because he immediately flipped his car around and took off in the other direction with lights and sirens going. Let's just say I was very grateful.
Hahaha my best friend got pulled over his first time ever while I was with him (we still have absolutely no idea why he pulled him over...he wasn't speeding we are 99% sure and doesn't have tint) and no sooner he takes his license and my friend is all pissed off and all of a sudden the cop comes back running up to the car and says you're free to go and takes off in his car. Must have been the same situation. Buddy was pumped.

581 - 587 of 587 Posts