Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How many tickets have you gotten in the ST?

Votes: 241 72.8%

Votes: 65 19.6%

Votes: 16 4.8%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Enough that I'm about to lose my license!

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
One other hint, law enforcement don't need radar to catch you speeding. A detector doesn't work well against VASCAR (Visual Average Speed Computer And Recorder) people up in Virginia can testify to the fact that it's currently used. (Big azz sign at the border states it's in use and detectors are illegal) All that is needed is two points, known distance between points, the time it took to cover the known distance, and finally the on-board computer to figure the speed and you get the blue light special.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Police have equipment that can detect if your car has a radar detector, as least they have the equipment here in Canada. If you hide it in your dash or somewhere non-accessible they will just detail your car and tow it if you don't comply.
Wow!!! Canadian cops will detail your car for you if you have a radar detector!!!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I believe he meant "detain". This better be corrected quick or ddfred is on his way to Canada.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Police have equipment that can detect if your car has a radar detector, as least they have the equipment here in Canada.
Partially true in that there are radar detector detectors used in Canada. That said, depending on the age and model, they do not detect ALL radar detectors, only SOME. AND there are radar detectors that are not detectable.

Clearly though, the only sure way to avoid speeding tickets is just say no.

EDIT: Valentine One's website says that their detector is detectable by the newer radar detector detectors that may be used in Canada, so I guess you just have to move Weebles.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Partially true in that there are radar detector detectors used in Canada. That said, depending on the age and model, they do not detect ALL radar detectors, only SOME. AND there are radar detectors that are not detectable.

Clearly though, the only sure way to avoid speeding tickets is just say no.
Just hope that your local or area law enforcement is using the Spectre III detector that's currently outdated and worthless. You're screwed if they're using the SpectreIV this is the current system that CAN detect a lot of the current systems out there. The funniest thing about the whole radar scene is that the guy that licensed the first detector also licensed the detector to detect the detector. Talk about playing both sides of the fence. As the earlier post mentioned ^ by kfaig best way to beat radar is to be observant and slow down.

·
Registered
719 Posts
best way to beat radar is to be observant and slow down.
The dilemma for me and probably many who buy cars like this is what fun is that?

Lets get serious, going fast is fun and few have the time and money to save all their fun times for the race track.

My theory is that if your license is in not in grave danger and you are not being blatantly reckless (as in boogying through tight traffic like a maniac or doing 120 on a narrow country roads lined by houses, etc., deciding to treat speeding tickets as entertainment tax is a valid option.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have to be careful chasing down Chargers and Challengers at night. :cool2:
LOL!!!!!! You can add Explorers, Tauruses, and Nitros (YES, Dodge Nitros!) to that list if you're in my neck of the woods!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Any more victims out there that have fallen prey to the ST?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm still amazed I haven't already been pulled over! LOL I knew it was gonna be hard staying within reasonable speeds when going back to a sportier ride... but I didn't think it would be that hard! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have to admit that since I swapped out the exhaust in the ST I can somewhat tell how fast I'm going now just like I know when driving my Mustangs.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
WoRkZ, start knocking on wood. Or you'll start attracting the bluelights and court appearances.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Well I luckily never have gotten a speeding ticket. I know where most of the cops hiding spots are around town. And also friends with several of them. But the st is a car that barley sees 3-5 gear cause its normaly 1-2-6 **** out of speed i can go legaly. But my brother ended up with negative 17 points on his licenses so he has a hard time getting cheap insurance and every cop round town keeps an eye for him. But now he has a late 80's lumina so he can't really go too fast lol.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I got followed a lot in the Lightning as they were just waiting for me to make a move, but ever since doing an over-nighter with sheriff joe, I have to slap myself if I even think of getting on it. There are a ton of under cover and off duty chaps out there just waiting to flash their covert lights at you and pull you over to have a chat. I had one guy in an SRT Challenger trying to get me to take the bait. After spanking him badly I got caught at the next light and he pulled up beside me and flashed his captain marvel badge at me and told me to slow it down. Maybe he was just pissed and wanted to trade in his ride after getting spanked by a 4800 lb farm truck. Either way, I am much more cautious now. I'm going to have to really watch it in the ST. I told the dealer anything but red. They seem to get the evil eye of the popo a lot.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
THNDRRR, I remember reading that TS color has been getting alot of attenton also as of late. I've also have stayed away from red also since its an attention magnet. I chose my Blurple to defeat any attempt of being ticket targeted.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
THNDRRR, I remember reading that TS color has been getting alot of attenton also as of late. I've also have stayed away from red also since its an attention magnet. I chose my Blurple to defeat any attempt of being ticket targeted.

"Blurple"...... LMAO. Love it. I ordered a black one to try to somewhat hide the goofy looking hood gap. Blue was my first choice. I really like the gold flake in the black though. Being color blind, I guess it really doesn't matter though. :crazy:

·
Registered
69 Posts
It really is hard to tell how fast you're going in this car. My previous civic's engine just screams at me every time I'm on the highway going fast, lol.

·
Registered
662 Posts
The flip side with a detector, for me atleast, is that if they do nab you they don't seem inclined to give you a warning if they see a detector sitting there.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hell I almost got pulled over 2 days ago. A older man in a Porsche was wanting to play, so I graciously accepted. Well I was booking it when we passed a cop doing about 20 over and did not see him till I was passing him. I looked over at the old man to see he was now about 130 and on the highway and my wife hit the mute button on my detector so I was going off but I could not hear it. Lucky there were a line of cars behind me long enough that he could not pull out in time.

21 - 40 of 587 Posts