Ford Focus ST Forum banner

How many tickets have you gotten in the ST?

Votes: 241 72.8%

Votes: 65 19.6%

Votes: 16 4.8%

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Enough that I'm about to lose my license!

Votes: 4 1.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been unfortunate enough to get pulled over yet in their ST? Were you guilty of an infraction or was the law enforcement officer curious about your ST? I happened to doing a bit above the speed limit when I checked my rearview just in time to see a Highway Patrol approaching from a distance and at a high rate of speed. I allowed my ST to coast, didn't touch the brakes, and was able to avoid a citation. I'm starting to realize that I'm constantly having to check the speedo since you don't realize how fast you're going.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am a bit worried about that as well...i noticed when i test drove it, i was on a "highway" that is like a 55 mph i believe...i thought i was going that speed, turns out i was at about 70. It is just part of getting used to a new car.

I am so used to my mustang that i hardly look down at tach or speedo...just by feel and sound i know how fast i am going, that and what gear i am in.

*Knock* on wood, I have never gotten a ticket in my GT, and i have been driving it supercharged for 5 years. lol i did get a ticket in my slow v6 mustang back in high school, out of both of the mustangs i get a ticket in the low and slow mobile! My rant...officer was BS, no way i was doing 41 in a 20...i was just stopped at a stoplight crosswalk and he was not 50 yards from that light...my auto v6 couldn't accel to 41 that fast to save its life...but i was young and scared so i said ok officer!

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yessir, I was a bit north of 80 (don't want to say how far north) when I saw that Crown Vic closing in on me in a 65 zone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got pulled over this morning, 60 in a 45. I was guilty, he had me cold. I just knew I was getting a ticket, but he let me go with a warning.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
Had a couple close calls, but every time I've really let it go I've been aware of my surroundings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive had 2 really close calls. Both times i didnt get the laser. First i was doing 90 in a 25 and didnt even know the cops were following me til i got home - they let me go. The other time i was doing 100 in a 45, and immediately hit the brakes, it was the first rain after summer, they gave me driving in an unsafe manner according to the weather or some ****. So i got pretty lucky. 1150 miles on my st.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive had 2 really close calls. Both times i didnt get the laser. First i was doing 90 in a 25 and didnt even know the cops were following me til i got home - they let me go. The other time i was doing 100 in a 45, and immediately hit the brakes, it was the first rain after summer, they gave me driving in an unsafe manner according to the weather or some ****. So i got pretty lucky. 1150 miles on my st.
If you're ever near Portland, stay the heck out of Pimp100's way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got mine Thanksgiving morning on the way to my Dad's for turkey. The CHP officer said I was doing 94, don't know for sure how fast I was going. He gave me a break and wrote me up for 80+ in a 70. Worst part is that he put the color as purple. I guess he wasn't familiar with performance blue.

·
Super Moderator
10,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got mine Thanksgiving morning on the way to my Dad's for turkey. The CHP officer said I was doing 94, don't know for sure how fast I was going. He gave me a break and wrote me up for 80+ in a 70. Worst part is that he put the color as purple. I guess he wasn't familiar with performance blue.
I catch myself glancing down at the speedo from time to time to see how fast I'm going. It's hard to judge speed in this little car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've been ticket free for nearly a decade and vow to keep that trend even in the brightest car on the road! If you travel the same roads daily, knowing the typical hangout spots and types of vehicles used by "the po-po" will reduce your chances of getting stopped greatly (watch your 6!). Secondly, if you really "must" speed, invest in the best radar detector you can possibly afford. The third and best way to avoid tickets is abstinence! I know it's hard with all those ponies under your foot (I know cause I drive one too) but save the speed for the track. I can't wait until the first autocross in the spring! I let my need for speed all out then! :)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It sucks that radar detectors are illegal here! :( I'm pretty sure I'll get pulled over multiple times a year once I get my ST. I had a lot of close calls this year in the (silver colored) Outlander... I can't imagine going slower in the race red ST! I'm toast! LOL

·
Registered
719 Posts
It sucks that radar detectors are illegal here! :( I'm pretty sure I'll get pulled over multiple times a year once I get my ST. I had a lot of close calls this year in the (silver colored) Outlander... I can't imagine going slower in the race red ST! I'm toast! LOL
Well, speeding is illegal too so I don't think that alone rules out using a radar detector for those who speed. My first thought would be, "Well, if they don't pull me over for speeding how are they going to know that I have a radar detector!"

Second thought would be is how much would it cost to have someone do a total stealth mount of a Valentine?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a CHP officer ask me to roll down my window last week at a red light (I was thinking oh S*it) he said, "nice car... But I would have got a yellow one". He asked about fuel millage etc, I must say he was a pretty cool cop! No ticket yet... knock knock...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, speeding is illegal too so I don't think that alone rules out using a radar detector for those who speed. My first thought would be, "Well, if they don't pull me over for speeding how are they going to know that I have a radar detector!"

Second thought would be is how much would it cost to have someone do a total stealth mount of a Valentine?
Police have equipment that can detect if your car has a radar detector, as least they have the equipment here in Canada. If you hide it in your dash or somewhere non-accessible they will just detail your car and tow it if you don't comply.

1 - 20 of 587 Posts