Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i'd start my own build thread, more to keep track of things i'm planning and doing than anything else. you won't see any new or innovative things here, and i'll prob be pretty slow at it...but what petrolhead can't leave well enough alone? anyway, this is my roadmap, i think...

mods list (in order of appearance):

rally armor mudflaps
go pedal riser

still to go by winter:

aem dryflow filter
adam's detailing kit
window tint
rmm - very much interested in the cpe stage2 mount...
second set of wheels and tires for ****ty weather

longer term:

cobb v3+bov+tune (to get rid of rev hang...****ing HATE it)
fmic+cai+tune
turboback+tune

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got the pedal riser and mudflaps installed a while ago...getting used to the pedal now, but i still can't quite heel-toe smoothly yet. part of that is the rev hang, i think...the other part is just me getting used to the technique. downshifts without braking are smooth af, so i guess i just need to get the muscle memory going.

steeda had free shipping this weekend, so i also ordered some jacking bars and that fancy new clutch pedal spring. hoping to install this weekend, because i have the first oil change coming up fast! got a 6 pack of purolator pureone's and some royal purple 5w30 coming from amazon...

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
got the pedal riser and mudflaps installed a while ago...getting used to the pedal now, but i still can't quite heel-toe smoothly yet. part of that is the rev hang, i think...the other part is just me getting used to the technique. downshifts without braking are smooth af, so i guess i just need to get the muscle memory going.

steeda had free shipping this weekend, so i also ordered some jacking bars and that fancy new clutch pedal spring. hoping to install this weekend, because i have the first oil change coming up fast! got a 6 pack of purolator pureone's and some royal purple 5w30 coming from amazon...
the jacking bars are a huge hit in my opinion, very happy with them and a pretty simple installation. Recently did my 1st oil change with RP too and am looking on the steeda spring. Interested to know what you think about the spring!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutch spring is a+!!! i didn't try to cheap hardware store spring, but the linear steeda spring is far and away a better clutch feel than the stock progressive one. install was super easy, but i did not follow the steeda instructions for getting the spring housing apart...instead, i supported the "cup" end with a vice and whacked the male end out with a punch of appropriate diameter. easiest mod i've done to pretty much any car!

also got the bars in yesterday...another very easy addition, and i can't wait to use them. it took me a little over an hour total, and that includes some test fitting and some trouble with the front passenger bracket thingy...the hole pattern on the pass side is different, and it was not easy to get the thing in there!

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm sub'd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so i got and installed some solid shifter cable bushings...pretty easy bit of work, but the first time around i made them too tight and the shifter felt "sticky." got back in and redid them, and i gotta say...A+ product. amazing change in shifter feel...i probably won't bother with the other bushings, as a feel like they soak up a good bit of nvh without negatively impacting the shifter feel. 10/10 would highly recommend. next up is rmm and hopefully exhaust...that new awe system looks quite nice! for the record, i found post #230 helpful, as well as this video:

pictar of the st for...reasons:
BkXypZO.jpg

and here's my other car, which hasn't moved much lately :(
i4NlsQW.jpg

Reactions: LeojST

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
scooped up a used cobb ap v3 recently. what a neat piece of kit! i was hoping the former owner's mountune stage 1 tune would work on my car...guess i should have done my homework first! a bit gutted about that, but the price was close enough to right and i've already been in touch with justin @ freektune. cobb ots stage 1 is definitely a step up from stock, but there are some things i don't love about it that i hope can be worked out. mainly, i don't like the throttle ramp. it seems especially sensitive at the top of the pedal travel, and it's throwing me off a bit. i'm sure it's something that i won't notice by the end of the commute home! overall, super stoked to have this thing. my mod order is all out of whack, but that's ok. need to figure out how to mount this thing and nicely tuck the wire...next up is an rmm and some winter tires!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts