Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been debating on purchasing these rims to kinda fill out my cars stance... but I really enjoy taking my ST out Autocrossing semi-monthly.

Do you think I can still get away with this setup?!

I don't want to worry about rubbing or bottoming out or strut issues... My car is currently lowered 1" with Eibach pro street springs.

Ford Racing Focus ST RS Wheel 19x8.5 Gloss Black Set 2013-2016

If I run a 245/35/19 with these rims and my 1" drop do you think I'll be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey there!

It depends on the class you are running in. Are you looking to run in GS? if so, the answer is no technically. However; if you are running in GS now the lowering of the car is illegal also, so there is that. Really it comes down to your local guys in your class. Me personally? I think protesting someone's wheels for something like offset of +1 would be incredibly childish, but hey its motorsports and people don't like losing, and will go to great means to justify why they lost, including but not limited to, you having +1 wheels. So I guess the short by the book answer is for GS no they would not be legal.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, my local club isn't strict at all. It's more of a local group of guys 40-50 every two weeks. They class me in a (M2) GS right now.

My question was just really focused on the wheel setup causing issues/damage to my car while driving an autocross course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
oh, sorry I see now.

Well Im not 100% sure, but I think you may run into potential problems with these. They are after all 1 inch taller, .5 wider, and the offset actually brings the tire closer to the inline of the vehicle. With your car lowered you might actually run into some issues. That being said I can speak from experience. Just looking at the numbers though I don't like them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts