Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been overthinking this I'm pretty sure and I'd love some help...

I've had these Turbomacs ((Turbomac _ Gold))
I've been trying to get mounted on tires for a couple months now

For the season I've been running Michelin X-ice Xi3 235/40/18 and I was curious one weekend to see if I could run the Turbomacs during the winter (Planning on getting them repainted anyway)

Took the car to the local tire shop and they told me the 18x8.5 and the X-Ice were BEYOND too big to put on my car and that to make them fit they'd have to cut into the frame and fender. He was trying to sell me a SMALLER tire then stock to run these Turbos, however I know I've seen people run 235/40s on stock suspension with even wider rims then the ones I chose.

Granted I know they're snow tires and tread height but I really didn't think it would make THAT much of a difference.

When I went to him I was running 20mm and 25mm spacers and those fit and I had VERY light rubbing on the fender liner. So these Turbos I thought would fit perfectly fine.

I'd like to run Falken FK510s during the summer wrapped on the Turbos but now I'm scared to even buy them because I'm told even stock tire size is too big.

Been knocking myself around overthinking this. Would LOVE the help guys n gals. Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

·
Registered
2015 Ford Focus ST
563 Posts
Time to find a competent tire shop; after the install be sure to take it back to the first shop and show them that they are idiots.
LOVE THIS.....It's a go to move.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I just stopped taking my car to the shop for tire work. I'd just drop off the wheels and tires and tell them let me know when they were done, no rush. I've taken many sets of odd size things to them over the years now and they never complain. They love the no rush and not having an extra car taking up a bay. They seem not to care either when they arent installing them on acar.

One of the perks of having more than one car and set of wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just stopped taking my car to the shop for tire work. I'd just drop off the wheels and tires and tell them let me know when they were done, no rush. I've taken many sets of odd size things to them over the years now and they never complain. They love the no rush and not having an extra car taking up a bay. They seem not to care either when they arent installing them on acar.

One of the perks of having more than one car and set of wheels.
This is the move, I just drop my wheels off and tell the shop ill be back in the morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts