Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I've been riding my bike to work for 5 years. A move and a new job made a second car (my wife drives the family car) a necessity. I had been driving our "second" car, a hand me down pickup for the first 3 months of my new job. During that time I was shopping for everything under the sun. Here's a short list of the cars I considered:
05-12 Audi A4s (including the Avant)
06-08 Acura TL
New Subaru Legacy
15 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
06 Golf with low Miles
08 GTI with high miles
16 VW Jetta Sport
16 VW Passat
16 Focus SE Hatch w/sport package

There were probably others, but I was serious about everything on this list. Then, three weeks ago the truck wouldn't start. It happened to die at my daughter's elementary school. So there I was, underneath the truck, replacing the starter when a Ford Salesman called. He had been trying to sell me a new Focus SE (no sport package, not a stick) for sometime. I told him I wanted a very specific car, and would be driving to Minneapolis that weekend to buy one ( I had to go for a wedding, figured we'd drive two cars home). He finally figured out it wasn't a price issue, and asked if there was anything else in Ford's lineup I would like, I joked that an ST would be awesome, but they were too expensive. He asked what was too expensive, and I said anything over 20. He then asked if I would buy an ST if he could get me in one for under 20, and the rest is history...and I'm loving every mile of it! I don't believe in fate, but I'm glad I waited and looked around at so many cars!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts