Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install an amp and 10" sub. I have tried a few different sources for the sound and I'm getting the same results. When I turn the volume it does not control the sound level of the sub. For example, if I turn the volume all the way down I still have the sub making sound. I have gotten the signal from both sets of wires going to the factory sub and also one of the front door speakers to a loc before my amp. Has anyone dealt with this before and will a lc2i fix this?

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find any info. Share a link if there is one. Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm trying to install an amp and 10" sub. I have tried a few different sources for the sound and I'm getting the same results. When I turn the volume it does not control the sound level of the sub. For example, if I turn the volume all the way down I still have the sub making sound. I have gotten the signal from both sets of wires going to the factory sub and also one of the front door speakers to a loc before my amp. Has anyone dealt with this before and will a lc2i fix this?

Sorry if this has been covered but I couldn't find any info. Share a link if there is one. Thanks

I used a lc2i and tapped out of the front speaker wires at the stock amp in the hatch. You can use these wires as your input to the lc2i. Run one output of the lc2i to your new sub amp and use the second lc2i output back to your oem amp for front speakers.

Hope this helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I actually got it working by running both sets of wires from the stock sub into my lc2i. Now I have decided to add a 2nd amp to run my mids. Looks like my front and rear speakers are switched somehow from the wiring schematics that I've seen on here. That is today's project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts