Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So after 7 years of nothing but VW's I changed it up 2010 mk6 GTI 2dr and 2013 mk6 GLI autobahn DSG. Love the ST I was having electrical problems with the GLI and with VW not putting out a TSB for the chain tensioner so it was time to go. I started my search looking at New fiesta ST but soon realized with wife, kid and two dogs it was just to small. Then new Focus ST didn't really feel like having another 450$ car payment. That's when I found a 2015 with 13k for 18k couldn't help it. It's an ST1 and I couldn't fit in the recaros. Already did the helper spring removal and the car came with a CIA. Anyway thanks for having me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,651 Posts

So after 7 years of nothing but VW's I changed it up 2010 mk6 GTI 2dr and 2013 mk6 GLI autobahn DSG. Love the ST I was having electrical problems with the GLI and with VW not putting out a TSB for the chain tensioner so it was time to go. I started my search looking at New fiesta ST but soon realized with wife, kid and two dogs it was just to small. Then new Focus ST didn't really feel like having another 450$ car payment. That's when I found a 2015 with 13k for 18k couldn't help it. It's an ST1 and I couldn't fit in the recaros. Already did the helper spring removal and the car came with a CIA. Anyway thanks for having me.

Howdy, and welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BlackTieST

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Congrats on the ST and welcome. I've always liked the GTI and GLI, but after 11 months of owning my ST I couldn't be happier with my decision. Are you planning on modding or are you staying pretty stock for a while?

Reactions: BlackTieST

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'll be doing things slowly. The previous owner installed a roush intake. I removed the clutch helper spring and plan on putting in a short shifter and a heavier shift knob. I'm not crazy about the stance but I love the handling to much to change it. Once spring hits I'll probably get an acessport and something with the exhaust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts