Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Placard finally showed up, mmm carbon faux

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
Threw some sportier rubber on the daily wheels.

Also got the auto-x wheels powdercoated

Slightly different shade than my daily wheels:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #326
sh*tbox dressed to do race car things

gopro still shot

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Decided to pick up some more Boomba swag for under the hood:

·
Premium Member
332 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
installed

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Some what functional mod:

I wanted something that would help get a little extra air to the brakes to cool them down and maybe mitigate some of the extra heat generated by the FoST's "brake vectoring". I also didn't want to spend too much on something that could potentially get mangled by my cone killing so the FoRS deflectors were a good alternative.

Took 5 minutes to install ( it took me longer to drive the car onto the ramps) and don't worry it has plenty of clearance from the axle during any suspension articulation or steering input.

and just so you know for SCCA street touring classes, this is a legal mod per 14.6.C in the rule book:

C. Air ducts may be fitted to the brakes provided the air directed to the brake rotor originates forward of the wheel well. Modifications to fender liners, undertrays, and splash guards for routing of ducts is permitted. No new holes may be made in the bumper cover. Backing plates and dust shields may be substituted, modified, or removed. Deflectors that mount to components within the wheel well and serve to direct air towards the rotors are permitted. Modifications for brake ducting may serve no other purpose.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #332

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
Decided to swap in some old/newish dampers back in for the 2020 season (had these revalved when I pulled them off) and sending the Fortune Autos back for a refresh.

New rubber showed up today as well.

Looking forward to testing it out this Sunday and dialing it in, in preparation for the Champ Tour in Vegas this March

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
What was the cost of getting the Fortunes refreshed? Do they dress anything else up or just the re-valve job? Mine are looking beat up all around
They cut me a deal that I cant really say publicly because the car did have some exposure last year at a few national events. PM me if you have questions.

321 - 336 of 336 Posts