Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the type of tools needed to install valve springs and stage 3 Piper cams in a 2015 FoST? Appreciate any help!!!

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
If you plan on changing valve springs with the head on its going to be really hard to do. There is very little room between the casting and spring and most spring compressors to pull them with the head on are large. At that point you might as well get to building a motor.

014.jpg

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
I hate those long line pits that sit on the edge of the head, I can never keep them empty of crap. Sometimes I get brake cleaner fluid stuck in there and I wish I could just pick up my turn it over and shake the fluid out...:crazy:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mechanic Jose will be doing the install. He's installed everything on my car. He's built Evos, STi etc. Are there any special tools needed??? Hopefully this is enough info! Thank you!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well in 2 weeks Jose will be installing the Stage 3 piper cams in with the 75lb Ferrea beehive valve Springs!!! Can't wait!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another question. What valve spring compressor is used?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm tuned by Karl at UP Tuning. Local. Unfortunately the install is getting pushed back a week. I will post before and after sound clips. I have a dyno sheet of my current setup. I'll be getting it only street tuned by Karl after the install.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do have a keyed 2.3 crankshaft along with forged piston and rods waiting to go in when I have the time.

Reactions: angrychair

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good news everyone!!! I just dropped off my FoST to my mechanic Jose! Getting Piper Stage 3 cams, Ferrea beehive valve springs, Ferrea titanium valve retainers along with ARP hardwa re dropped in! Should have it back by Monday morning. Can't wait!!! Will update with pics :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good news everyone!!! I just dropped off my FoST to my mechanic Jose! Getting Piper Stage 3 cams, Ferrea beehive valve springs, Ferrea titanium valve retainers along with ARP hardwa re dropped in! Should have it back by Monday morning. Can't wait!!! Will update with pics :)
Are you getting a four core intercooler as well? :big smile:

JK, but you did mention titanium valve retainers lol.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts