Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title implies, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to get the center console apart in order to install my base bushings. All the instructions and tutorials are all for the '13-'14 models. The console looks significantly different on my '16. I kind of don't know which way to go as I don't want to gouge up the plastic interior parts. Anybody put these in a "15 & Up" ST?

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's a write-up I did for the bushings and shifter. The bushings are annoying in that they keep trying to slide out from under the shifter assembly but its not too bad.

2016 Focus ST Boomba Racing Short Throw Shifter Install ? Keep Driving Fun
Thanks! Looks like you didn't need to pull everything on the console apart (unless I'm missing something). Seeing as I'm just doing the bushings, it shouldn't be as much work???? Do you think a very light dab of hot glue on the underside bushings would keep them from moving? That's what I did for the shifter cable bracket bushings.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks! Looks like you didn't need to pull everything on the console apart (unless I'm missing something). Seeing as I'm just doing the bushings, it shouldn't be as much work???? Do you think a very light dab of hot glue on the underside bushings would keep them from moving? That's what I did for the shifter cable bracket bushings.

Yea the 15-16s don't require the whole console to come out, just the trim around the shifter. I actually tried super glue for mine and it didn't hold so I just did it the hard way, but hot glue may work!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! I'm glad all the extra crap won't need to come out, as I know I'll gouge the hell out of it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts