Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to sell my focus. It’s a 2014 st3 fully buit making 600whp. The car has 48k miles on the chassis and maybe 3k on the newest motor build. The reason for selling is I cannot pass Ny state inspection because the primary and secondary 02 sensors won’t ready up and I also have another car and 2 bikes.
Parts list is pretty much every bolt on
Pte 5558 turbo
Speed performance stage 2 motor build
Stage 3 cams
Sp63 aux fuel kit
Act 6puck clutch
The car makes 600whp on e50 and a little over 400 on 93
Rays gram lite 57 xtremes 18x8.5 et38
I want this car to go to a good place and be used correctly.
looking for 15k but I will entertain anything

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Can't you run a defouler in the rear O2 sensor bung. I would think the front O2 sensor would be fine since that's just monitoring the engine. I would think the rear O2 sensor would be the problem since there's probably no cat. I'm nowhere near your power levels. But I'm stage 3 catless and I pass my inspection in New York.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I tried it all trust me

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even a tune built just for passing emissions?

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
Yea car never readied you with a tune loaded to it even when it was basic bolt ons. Maybe someone else could figure it out.ive owned the car for almost 6 years. I think it’s time to start saving for a house lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Can't pass NY because of O2 sensors, then you aren't going to pass many other states. Maybe Maryland?

You're asking 15K for a car that can't be used on anything but the track. And it's a Focus. Expect this ad to run a long time if you can't figure out the emissions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Man I'm sure someone will pick that up. 14 states have no emissions testing, including my wonderful state of Florida. GLWS.

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
I don't have to pass emissions in the county I live in here in Missouri but we have to pass a safety which includes a OBDII check for no codes/monitors not ready. Here we get around it by putting a J tube on the downstream O2 sensor so it read cleaner.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have to pass emissions in the county I live in here in Missouri but we have to pass a safety which includes a OBDII check for no codes/monitors not ready. Here we get around it by putting a J tube on the downstream O2 sensor so it read cleaner.
Same in newyork just my primary and secondary 02 sensors never liked to ready up on a tune no matter who the tuner was. I always had to go onto stock tune to get them to ready up. But the car has stage 3 camshafts and won’t even idle on a stock tune

·
Registered
76 Posts
Should try get it on bring a trailer imo, lots of money on there, and people with a lot of room for cool ****. Could see someone buying this just to beat on on track days or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts